twenty seven

twenty seven
—————

honeydukes was as lively as ever, the cute jingle of a bell sounding as they walked inside, bringing a cold draft into the heated shop that quickly settled into a pleasant warmth.

ron immediately headed into the shelves upon shelves of sweets, practically drooling, and hermione followed her boyfriend to make sure he didn't get more than he needed, leaving draco and harry alone.

much to harry's surprise, draco wasted no time in grasping harry's hand, cold fingers weaving between his own.

"come on, i want a toffee!" draco announced with no interest for harry's opinion. harry huffed a laugh as draco dragged him off to another side of the store. his eyes were shining with the innocent joy of a child's, a light in them unlike anything harry had ever seen.

draco shoveled mounds of honey colored toffees into his shopping bag, a pleased little smile on his lips. then, after glancing around cautiously, draco hurriedly unwrapped one with deft fingers and shoved the toffee into harry's unsuspecting mouth.

"draco!" he gasped, almost choking on the sweet candy. draco looked at him, amused, as he spluttered, widened eyes fixing upon draco's smug face.

"what?" he asked. "it's just one toffee. here, i'll grab another."

"but draco, that's—"

draco laughed softly. the sound was breathy with adoration, and harry's cheeks grew hot.

"just eat the toffee harry," he cooed. "i know you want to. if you don't eat it i'll make you."

harry raised a brow. "how would you make me?"

draco's wicked smirk told harry he didn't want to know...(or maybe he did?)

he swallowed the toffee obediently, pointedly glancing away from the mischief in draco's irises.

"good." draco praised, patting him lightly on the head. the action was as tender as it was teasing, and the blush on harry's face darkened. he cursed draco under his breath, clinging to his pride as draco turned him to flustered goo.

"now what would you like harry dear?"

it seemed draco was determined to kill him today.

he swallowed hard and glanced about the colorful shop.

"um...can we get chocolates? and lollipops?"

"of course." draco grabbed him again, pulling him along as though he couldn't walk for himself. it should have been annoying, but instead it was kind of cute.

draco stopped them in front of a shelf stocked full of different, varying chocolate, all of different flavors and fillings, most of them enchanted in some quirky manner.

"have your pick." draco told him, and harry pondered, taking his bottom lip softly between his teeth.

he ended up picking out several orange flavored and caramel-filled chocolates and chocolate frogs, which never ceased to remind him of his first train ride to hogwarts. he told draco as much as he loaded the lot of them into the shopping bag, a giddy smile on his lips.