Thanksgiving

JJ rolled over and landed right on the ground with a thud which woke Spencer with a start.

"Tomorrow we sleep in the bedroom." JJ said as she pulled the blanket off of Spencer and wrapped herself with it.

"It's not much bigger." Spencer stretched and headed to the kitchen to find his mom sitting at the table with a cup of coffee.

"Do you want breakfast?" Spencer asked her.

"William please I can cook for myself why don't you act like a father and feed the baby." Dianna commanded.

"Right okay."

Spencer headed back into the living room and pushed JJ toward the stairs before she could walk in.

"She's having a 'moment' we should just go maybe pick stuff up at the store for dinner tonight."

"Is anything even open on thanksgiving?"

"It's Vegas nothing closes."

The two were walking back to the house by mid afternoon.

"What do you do with all this stuff?" JJ asked picking around in the bags she was holding.

"You cook with them their called vegetables." Spencer mocked.

"I know that. I grew up on corn and chicken not like I can make either of those things." JJ blushed.

"That's what I'm here for, I'm going to teach you."

Dianna has become lucid just before dinner, she entered the kitchen to find Spencer and JJ dancing round. On the table was placed a delicious looking turkey and mashed potatoes along with mushed vegetables which were probably JJ's doing because Spencer never cooked badly he always had things perfect to take care of his mother.

"Am I interrupting anything?" Asked Dianna.

The couple stopped mid twirl and smiled.

"Not at all Dianna come have a seat. I'm so sorry about the vegetables Spencer insisted I helped cook." JJ laughed.

"Don't tell him but I prefer soggy vegetables to his honey and cider vinegar recipe." The women laughed together.

The rest of dinner went off perfectly. Full of laughter and cheer Spencer had never seen so happy and his mother had never seen him so happy. And JJ was just the glowing sun connecting the two together once again like seven years ago.

The dishes were cleaned and Dianna had headed off to bed.

"That was really fun!" Exclaimed JJ.

"Normally my mom and I buy take out and read a book. We've never just talked before." Smiled Spencer.

"If you want we can read?"

"I'd like that."

Spencer went to a bookshelf off the wall and pulled out an old brown book.

"ALICE was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank, and of having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, "and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"

JJ and Spencer had spend the rest of the weevkend with Dianna as well as seeking special moments together. By Monday morning they said their goodbyes and headed to the airport.

"It was a great weekend Spence it felt great to be able to kiss you in public.". JJ smiled and gave him a lingering soft kiss.

"Maybe we can run away for Christmas?" Spencer suggested.

"As much as I'd love that I'm going home for the holiday and I'd bring you with me but Emily would be there and it would do more bad than good."

"Well maybe we can sneak away for a while before then."

"Sounds great... So professor what are we doing once school starts?" JJ asked seductively while running her hand up Spencers neck.

"I think Gideon is planning something so just review for the next little while."

"Wow you totally ruined the mood." JJ groaned as she marched over to the terminal.

"What? Jayge what did I do?"