Chapter 17

A week later
_______________________________________

I wake up at 7 AM. Ugh! I'm so tired. School doesn't start in like two and a half hour, so I could just go back to sleep I guess. I check my phone and see I have a text from Monty. It was from 6.56 AM. That is weird. Usually he wakes up at like nine when it's school. I open the text. 'Can I come over?' It says. Shit, has something happend with his father? 'Ofc.' I text back.

About 15 minutes after I hear a knock on the door. I goes down and open. Yup, he has a lot off bruises. He has a weird look on his face.
"Hi." I say and smile.
"Hi." He answers in a cold voice, it kind off gives me chills. He doesn't smile back. He starts to take his shoes off and gets in.
"Is your folks home?" He ask while looking around.
"Nope." I say and shake my head. I have no idea where my dad is and my mom is working.
Monty sits down by the table. I sit on the chair across him.

"I'm called to testefie or some shit. Most off the kids on the tapes are." He says.
"Shit, do you think Clay said something?" I ask.
"Probably." He says. "But that's not why I'm here." He continues.
"What's up then?" I ask. I look at him. He has something weird in his eyes. The look he gives me is almost dead.
"I'm breaking up with you." He says in the cold voice again. I'm speachless. I have no clue what to say. I just sit here silent and letting the words sink in. Everything looks like a blur, that's how I realise that I'm crying.
"What?" Is all I can say.
"I'm breaking up with you." He repeats.
"Is it about the tapes or your dad?" I ask. I can barely talk.
"No." He says after a while. "I dont want you anymore." Now I cant even cry. I just feel numb.
"You said you loved me."
"I say a lot." He answers. He refuses look at me. Now he frons. "I mean, what did you expect? Did you really think that I would want to be with someone like you?"
"Yes, I did. Since we've been dating for almost two months!" I say with a lot off voicecracks.
"Well, you were wrong. It's fucking over." He says. He gets up and takes his shoes on. Then he walks out. I dont even try to stop him, I just sit here numb.

How could he be so cold? It was like I meant nothing to him! I look at the clock. It's 8 AM. I dont want to go to school but I have to. Because if I dont he'll understand that he broke me. Then he wins.

Now I can bring myself to my room. I look in the mirror. I look like a mess. I dont cope doing my makeup. I just put some mascara on so I dont look completly dead. I put one off Montys shirts on. I wasn't going to wear it to school, but I want to wear it now. It smells like him. I start to cry again. I shouldn't have puted on mascara. I go and clean my face.

I take Montys shirt off and takes on jeans and a hoodie. I put my hair up in a messybun, and heads to school. When I get in the hall someone grabs my arm. A part off me wishes it's Monty, but I turn around to see a smiling Sheri.
"Hi girl!" She squils.
"Hi." I say and do my best to smile. She talks about something, I dont litsen at all.

At lunch I eat with Jess, Sheri, Justin and Zach like usuall. I dont litsen to what they say at all. Suddenly I hear Jessica saying me name. I look up.
"What's up with you today?" She asks.
"Nothing." I say.
"Come on, Hazel. It's pretty obvious it's not nothing." Zach says. Everybody nods.
"Yeah, okay. Monty broke up with me." I say.
"Oh shit." Jess says.
"Why?" Sheri asks.
"He say he doesn't want me anymore." I feel a tear rolling down my cheek. Sheri and Zach hugs me. Justin and Jessica just sit there silent. They weren't the comforting types. I lean in to Sheri and cries into her shoulder. After a while they both pull away.
"It'll be okay." Zach says.
"Monty is an idiot to break up with you. You're so beautifull and great and if he dont see that he's not worth your attention or love." Sheri say and hugs me again. I smile.
"She's right. You deserve someone better. He's an asshole." Jess says. I laugh.
"Thank you."

When I walk in the hall I feel someone tapping my shoulder. I turn around. I expected it to be Jessica or Sheri, but it's Jeff Atkins. I've just spoken to him once or twice. I dont really know him. He's freind with Monty. I've always kind off liked him.
"Hi." He smiles.
"Hi?" I answer.
"Monty told me that you guys have broke up." He say. I look down. "Dont worry." He laughs. "I'm not here to make fun off you, I just wanted to see if you're okay." He says.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks."
"You're a really bad liar." He says.
"So I get told." I answer and he laughs.
"I know we doesn't know eachother that well, but if you need something I'm here. For real." He says. I smile.
"Thank you, it means a lot." It really does.
"You also have math now, right?" He asks. I nod. We walk there together.

When we're almost there I see Monty. Once he sees me he avoids eyecontact. I does the same. Fuck! Why does it have to end like this? Maybe I was naive but I actually pitchured a future with him. I actually thought I'd spend forever with him. I still do. I love him.