Chapter 18

A week later
_______________________________________

It's been a week since Monty broke up with me now. I miss him really much, but I feel like I deal with it better now. I've acepted the fact that it's over. I mean I cant go around the rest off my life hoping he'll come back, cause he wont. We havn't talked since we broke up. Maybe that's for the better. Atleast something good came out off our breake up. I've made a new friend. Jeff. He always sits at us at lunch. He's really great.

At 9 AM I go outside. Jeff is there. I get in his car.
"Hello." I say.
"Hi. What's up?"
"I'm good, you?"
"Allright." He answers. "There's a party at Bryces tonight." He says looking at me.
"Jeff, no!"
"Jeff, yes!" He emitates me. I roll my eyes.
"Come on! It'll be fun!"
"Fun? Partys always ends with disasters." I say. He raises an eyebrow at me.
"And also, Monty'll be there." I say. He sighs.
"Fuck Monty. Just stay away from him and it'll be fine." He says.
"Yeah? I've said that to myself every time Bryce has trowhn party. I always end up talking to him and doing something I regret."
"Like what?"
"Like at the first party I went to here. I told myself to stay away from him and then I ended up drunk-screaming at him. In front off everybody."
"That's just one time."
"Yeah, cause the other time I didn't yell at him. The other time I slept with him."
"I'll check on you, Sheri'll to." He says.
"Fine! I will go. But if something happens it's your fault."

When we get to school we meet Sheri. She looks worried.
"Hazel you need to come with me right now." She says.
"Why? What is it?"
"It's Monty." She says. Oh my god! Has something happend to him? I want to ask if he's okay but what comes out off my mouth is.
"I couldn't care less about Monty."
"A, once again, you're a terrible liar. B, it's okay to still care about him. C, It's not about Monty really. It's about Tyler. Monty's beating him up again so if you would just come with me please."
"Alright." I say. Sheri drags me there, Jeff follows.

She were right. Monty's beating Tyler up again. I go there.
"Monty! Stop!" I scream. He looks up at me. I get between them. Wow, this gives me flashbacks. Let's hope it doesn't end the same way as before. He stops.
"Get the fuck out off my way!" He yells. I dont say anything. Before thinking off the consecounses I punch him right in the face. That felt good. Monty looks up at me. I dont think it hurted so much but he looks angry. Before he can do or say something Sheri comes out with Porter right after her.

Me, Monty and Tyler gets taken into a room. I look at Tyler. He's beaten up pretty bad.
"Thank you." He says to me. I smile.
"I have to go and get principal Bolan. I'll be back soon." Porter says. When he get's out Monty grabs me by my waist and slams me into the wall.
"Why the fuck did you do that." He looks really angry.
"Leave her alone." Tyler studders.
"It's okay, Tyler. He wont do anything." I say. I sound a lot more confident then I am.
"Yeah?" Monty smirks. "What makes you think that?"
"You wouldn't hurt me." I just say. I fear that Monty is going to do something. He just sighs and let's go off me. Now I feel a lot more confident.

"You promised that you would leave him alone." I say to him.
"No. It was a condition for us being together. As you may have know we aren't anymore." He says. He talks with his cold voice again.
"Yeah, I'm aware off that. But could you please stop to act like a fucking psyckopath?" I ask. He frons. He's about to say something but the door opens. Kevin Porter gets in.

"Hi, guys. I've talked to principal Bolan." He says and turns to Tyler. "Tyler, you can leave."
"Back to class?" He asks.
"No, to the nurse." He answers pointing on the blood on Tylers face. He nods and leaves.

"You two. You want to explain to me what's going on?" He asks.
"Nothing." Monty says.
"What happend?" Porter asks. He turns to me.
"Well, I got to school. Then Sheri took me to the hallway and showed me what was going on."
"And what exactly was going on?" He contiues.
"Monty punched Tyler. A lot. Then I went between them to make him stop." I say. Monty frons.
"Havn't you left a part out, huh?" He grins.
"Hazel, what happend next."
"I punshed him." I say.
"Why?"
"Cause he was a fucking dick."
"Language!"
"Sorry."
"Was that the only reason?" He asks. I nod. Monty frons again.
"Bullshit."
"Watch your language!"
"Sorry."
"Why do you think she did it then?" He asks Monty.
"Why do you have to know? Mind your own fucking buisnes!" Monty says. I actually apriciated that.
"Watch your language!" Porter says again.
"Whatever."
"Both off you have detention this evening. And rest off the week." He says.
"What? No, I cant." Monty says.
"It's school tomorrow. Do you have a plan this evening?" Monty nods. Porter raises a eyebrow.
"There's a party." Monty says and looks down. Porter frons.
"A party? Cancell it."

Yup. That was my evening. Locked up in a classroom with my exboyfriend. Nice! Maybe I could get an explanition out off him. Why he did what he did.

Jeff and Sheri wasn't too happy when I told them I was going to miss the party. But I didn't really have a choice though.