Chapther 26

After school the next day I decide to visit Jessica. She doesn't know I'm coming but I hope she'll be glad to see me. I've missed her.

When I knock on the door her dad open.
"Hi, Hazel." He sounds a bit confused.
"Hey, mr.Davis." I say. "Could I see Jessica?" I ask. He thinks for a while but then he nods.
"Allright." He say and lets me in.
"Thank you." I say and smile.

I walk up the stairs and knock on Jessicas door.
"Come in!" She shouts. She looks suprised when she sees me. I cant tell if it's for the better or the worse.
"Hi, Jess." I say and smile soft.
"Hey." She says.
"Can I come in?" I ask. She nods. She still looks kind of suprised. I sit down on her bed. "How are you?" I ask.
"I'm fine, I guess." She says. "I'm not." She adds after a while. I give her a soft smile.
"I guess that was a dumb question." I say in a try to joke. "But does it get better?" I ask after a while. And to be honest I mostly ask for myself.
"Some days are better than others." She just says. I nod. "Some days go great, you know, while other days it's the only thing I can think of." She say.
"Jess?" I say. She looks at me. "I need to tell you something." I say. And I tell her everything about the party. When I'm done both of us are in tears.

"I'm so sorry that happend." She says and wipes the tears from her eyes. I try to smile. "Does anyone else know?" She asks.
"Montgomery knows." I say.
"Did it took long for you to tell him?" She asks.
"Uhm... I never told him. He sort of figured it out by himself." I say. She nods.

We talk a lot. A lot about how we feel. It's nice to talk to someone who gets it.

When I leave Jessicas house I have 2 missed calls from Monty. Shit. I call him back.
"Hey" he says. "What's up?"
"I've been at Jessicas." I just say.
"Uhm... I need to talk to you. Can I pick you up?" He asks.
"Sure, thanks." I say and he hangs up.

After about 5 minutes he showes up. I get in his car. He looks nervous.
"Hi." I say and smile. He just gives me a weak smile and nods.
"Are your folks home?" He asks.
"Nope." I say. Of course not.
"Can we go to to your place then?" He ask.
"Sure." I answer. I dont know what's with him. He seems tense.

When we get to my house we get up to my room. I sit down in the bed and he suts down in front of me.

"What did you do at Jessicas?" He asks.
"We just talked. I told her about... uhm... you know." I say. He nods. "I fugured she would understand." He nod again.
"Yeah, I get that you need to talk to someone that... has gone through what hyou have." He says while looking down.
"You're okay with it?" I dont know why I ask that, why wouldn't he be okay with it?
"Yeah, I am. I think it's good that you have someone to talk to. Someone that gets it on a diffrent level than I do." He says and I smile at him.
"Thanks."
"You know you dont need me to be okay with something, right?" He says. I nod.
"Yeah, I know."
"Good." He says.

"But, what was it that you wanted to talk about?" I ask. He start to look nervous again.
"Okay, I'm not tryna put pressure on you or something but maybe you should turn Bryce in." He says. I look at him with wide eyes.
"What?" I judt say.
"Look, I know it seems scary but maybe it will be better that way." He tries to catch my eye but I dont let him.
"How will it be better that way? What if it goes to court, and I have to stand in front of a bunch of people and tell them about it. I have to tell it in front of Bryce. I cant do that." I say. I stop to catch my breath.
"Sure you can." Monty says. I look at him.
"Let me finish." I say.
"Sorry."
"What if he wins the case? Everybody is going to belive him and I'm gonna end up like 'the girl who lied'." I say. He reaches for my hand and put both of his hands around mine.
"Okay, I know it's hard, but not there will always be people who belive you. You have me and all your friends, so you dont have to worry about that, okay?" He say. I nod at him. He gives me a weak smile.
"I see where you're coming from and I will think about it, but I need time to decide." I explain while looking at him.
"Yeah, I get that." He says and smile again.