Chapther 19

At 6 PM I start heading to school again. I cant get out off there untill 9 PM. I mean if I wanted to I could go to the party afterwards. But I dont feel like it at all.

When I get to school I walk to Porters office. Monty is already there.
"Hi, Hazel." Porter says. I smile as respond.
"You two will be sitting in classroom A5. There you will work on things you need to. Like math or something. I'll be in my office so if you try to leave I'll notice. Now you can go to your lockers and get what you need." He says. Me and Monty get's up at the same time. We walks out to our lockers. I get my biology book. Then I head to the classroom. Great! It is our usual classroom.

After a while Monty gets in.
"We have history here." I say in a try to joke.
"Shut up." He just says. Why is he so cold?
"What's wrong with you?" I ask him. He ignores me. I take my book out. Monty doesn't. He just sit there staring at the wall. When we had sat there quiet for almost an hour I turn to him.

"Why'd you do it?" I ask.
"What do you mean?"
"You know what I mean."
"I dont know. He pissed me off."
"Has something happend with your dad?" I ask.
"God, would you mind your own buisness?!" He sounds mad.
"Has something happend?" I ask again. Now he looks at me.
"Why do you fucking care?"
"Because I care about you and I dont want you to get hurt." I say and look down.
"Hazel.." He begins. I cut him off.
"I can still care about you, even though you dont care for me. Everyone doesn't move on that quickly, you know." I say and give him a cold look. He looks a bit offended.
"Who said I dont care for you anymore?" He asks. I frons.
"You did." My eyes starts to tear up. Fuck! I cant cry now! Why am I so sensetive?
"I'm sorry." He says.
"What?"
"You heard me. I am sorry and this is hard for me too!"
"Well, you only have yourself to blame." I say.
"I really am sorry." He says again.
"If you are so sorry and still care about me, why did you end it?" I ask him.
"Uhm... I cant tell you..." He says and looks down.
"Maybe I can help!"
"You cant."
"Okay, but please, Just tell me! Help me understand." I say. He look down. I look at him anyways.
"Hazel..." I cut him off again.
"No, please." He gives me a weird look and starts to stare at the wall again. I try to make eyecontact with him and talk to him but he ignores. Eventually I stop trying.

"It's my dad." Monty says after about ten minutes.
"What?"
"It was my dad." He repeats.
"Yeah, I heard, but what about him?" I ask.
"You know, he does things when he gets mad." I nod. "The last week when we were together he like... he threathend he'd do something to you... to get to me..." He says.
"Oh my god." Is all I can say.
"Yeah." I look down. "I never stopped loving you." He says and now I look up at him.
"I didn't either." I say. He gets up from his chair and walks up to me. He pulls my hair behind my ear and kisses me. I answer the kiss. God, I've missed this. But after a while Monty pulls away.
"If we're gonna' do this my folks cant know. "
"Agreed." I say.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, I just dont want you to get hurt." He says.
"I get that, but if something like this happens again just tell me, okay? Because you really hurt me." He looks at me.
"I'm sorry." He says again.
"I know."

The next day Monty picks me up for school.
"Hi, baby." He says when I open the door.
"Hi." I say and he kisses me. I look down.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"Nothing. It's just, people are going to talk about us being back together and shit."
"Fuck people." He just says and grabs my hand.

When we arive at school we have a lot eyes on us, like I thought. Suddenly Monty lets go off my hand.
"I gotta go find the boys." He says and leans down and kisses me.
"See you later." I say.

Right after Monty leaves someone grabs my arm. I turn around to see Sheri and Jeff. They look consearned.
"Hey, what's up?"
"What's up?! What's up?!" Sheri squiles.
"Are you back with Monty?!" Jeff asks. I nod.
"He explained everything to me." I say.
"Okay, but if he hurts you again I'm gonna' kick his ass." Jeff say. I roll my eyes.
"Sure."