Bring it on

When Lauren finally awoke she found that she had been taken to her basement bedroom. Only something wasn't right. She couldn't see out of her left eye! It was pitch black on that side. She reached up and lightly touched the swollen flesh.

"Owww!" she winced.

"Hey, be careful." a soft voice whispered from the right side of her bed.

"Camz?" the woozy taller one asked.

The brunette carefully sat on the edge of the bed beside the athlete. "Yeah, it's me."

Lauren slightly tilted her head to the right to see with her good eye and smiled. Camila smiled back and held up an ice pack.

"Here, keep this on for a while." The small brunette ordered putting the icepack against Lauren's eye, she held the pack in place. "You're mom's right upstairs. Do you want me to get her?"

"No, it's fine...You're here...That's all I need right now." Laur said in a hoarse voice.

Camila blushed.

"Jeez...how long was I out?"

"A few hours. It's... nine o'clock now. First thing we did was get your mom on the phone and she said we were to take you home and she'd call a doctor for a house call. At first I thought that was strange, but your mother said you hate hospitals."

"Yeah, I do. It's not fun waking up in one." Laur said with an exhausted sigh. "Okay... continue."

"Well, then the doctor said you had a minor...very minor concussion because you hit your head. I'm glad it wasn't worse. And your eye, well..."

"Is it that bad?" Lauren frowned.

Camila reached down beside the foot of the bed and picked up her handbag. "I'll let you see for yourself." She said digging for a mirror.

The injured basketball player removed the icepack and Camila handed her the compact mirror.

"Oh shit! My face looks like a fucking air balloon!" Laur shrieked. Realizing she used foul language in front of the brunette she quickly apologized.

"No, it's okay. I'd probably have the same reaction." Camila said with a hint of laughter. She retrieved her mirror.

Laur replaced the pack on her eye. "I just have one more question." She said wincing.

"What?"

"Where are your glasses?"

"Oh...Dinah convinced me to switch to contacts. Before the game I was getting fit for my new ones and I could have sworn I'd be out of there before the game started. It seemed like I was in that office all day. That's why I was so late. I tried to make it on time. I just wanted to surprise you."

"It was a surprise alright. You're the cause of this." Laur said pointing to her eye injury with her free had.

"What? How am I the cause of that?" she said with a frown.

"Before I got hit , I saw you in the stands and..." you we're so beautiful. "You just distracted me." She finally add.
Sharp pain suddenly shot to Lauren swollen eye.