Prom Night

Early in the morning Camila was awaken by what sounded like a car in the front of her house.

She pushed the comforter off her body and peeked through the blinds at her window.

She saw a lone figure in a dark hoody placing something in the Cabello mailbox. The figure then turned and hopped into a red mustang and drove off quietly.

"Lauren?" the brunette whispered.

Camila quickly threw on some sweatpants and bunny slippers and then crept silently downstairs. She went out to the mailbox and retrieved the one envelope with "Camz" on the front. Then in the same fashion went back to her room.
Camila turned on a light and sat slowly on the bed. She held the envelope in her hand for a moment and let out a breath. She then tore it open and pulled out a piece of paper with a short letter on it, obviously written by Lauren.

Camz,

I know that I'm the last person on earth that you want to hear from right now, but I have to tell you something. And I guess this is the only way right now. From the bottom of my heart...
I am so sorry for what I did to you. You became one of the best people in my life and I ruined it. I just wish you can someday...Forgive me.
I still care for you deeply and I hope you will speak to me also. Hope to see you at prom.

-Lauren

Camila read the letter carefully a few more times and then smiled to herself.

* * * * * *

The energy in the Freedmont high school gym was high. Hyper active teenagers were tearin' up the dance floor left to right. The gymnasium was a sea of colorful fabrics going this way and that.

Camila just walked through the double doors with her date Ariana on her arm. The girl wore an impressive strapless green dress, a silver shiny necklace with earrings to match and her hair was up in a neat bun.

Green were fixed on her the entire time as the brunette looked around the gym. Lauren was standing next to the DJ booth waiting for Lucy to return from the restroom. Her breath caught as soon as she spotted Camila across dance floor. She had to talk to her, but seeing Ariana made her hesitant.

"Hey, Camila? Do you want something to drink."

The brunette smiled politely at Ariana. "Sure."

"Okay," Ariana returned the smile.
"I'll be right back."

Camila's eyes scanned the auditorium and finally landed on two green eyes staring back at her. Lauren had her hair gelled back with a small amount of lipstick on. She was wearing a white collared long sleeved shirt with a black vest.
Wow. The brunette thought.

Camila returned the gaze shyly and saw a glimmer of a smile forming on Lauren's face. This in turn made her blush.

Suddenly, there was a tap on her shoulder. The brunette turned around startled and saw that it was Dinah and her date Siope.

"Hey, Dinah...Siope...how's it going?" the brunette said with a smile.

"Great! Isn't this whole place incredible!" Dinah yelled.

"Yeah...amazing!" the brunette yelled back.

Dinah looked over Camila's shoulder and saw Ariana making her way back. "Here comes your date."

The brunette glanced back and saw her "date" headed towards them.

"Come on Dinah, let's go dance!" Siope insisted tugging Dinah's arm.