Chapter 18 - Winner Or Loser?

"Are you trying to kill me?" a voice groans from the doorway and I turn around, a devilish glint in my eyes. I'm wearing my sexiest swimsuit yet; a red one-piece with a V-neck push-up bra and strips rounding my ribs and stomach. I bend down to pick up the sunscreen and hold it to him, grinning at the hungry look in his eyes.

"Could you do my back?"

He narrows his eyes at me, knowing what I'm doing. But he still takes the bottle and squirts some lotion on his hands, motioning me to turn around. I do and soon feel his hands massaging my back expertly, avoiding the strips of fabric. My skin tingles where he touches. Okay, maybe this wasn't the best of ideas, I decide, my needs awakening.

"Done," he takes his hands off and I turn back around, catching the pleased expression on his face. He obviously noticed my reaction.

"Want me to do your ass, as well?" he asks innocently, eyeing my bottom.

"No thanks," I take the sunscreen from him. "I think I can handle it myself."

"Suit yourself," he grins and watches me lotion myself up. I try to do it in the sexiest way possible, and judging from the growing bulge in his pants, succeed.

"Well hello, there," I glance at it, biting my bottom lip seductively. He groans, pulling his board-shorts looser. "Ready to give up?"

He looks at me for a moment, his mind battling itself. I can see the want in his eyes, and feel it too, wanting him to fold so I can kiss his stupid mouth. He groans and turns away, leaving me standing there incredibly frustrated.

---

"Cannonball!" Brett yells and lands in the pool with a giant splash. Miranda shrieks and swims out of the way, laughing.

"Pfft, I can do better than that" Mike brags and send water everywhere with his jump.

"Well duh, you're got more mass" Stella laughs, diving after him.

"Are you calling me fat?" Mike pretends to be offended.

"No!" Stella yells, terrified. "I meant your muscles!" But she's too late; Mike has already made a grab for her. He lifts her up in the air and throws her back to the water a few feet away.

She comes up spitting water. "You're going to pay for that!" She attacks him but he holds her off easily. Then she kisses him, taking him by surprise. His arms go slack and she pushes her advantage, using her whole body to push him underwater. When she lets him up, he just stares at her. Then as if moving as one, they reach for each other and start making out.

"Hey!" I holler at the couple, faking disgust even though I'm grinning inside. "Get a room!" They separate and flip me off.

"I thought that's never going to happen" Landon comes to stand next to me on the pool's edge, smiling big.

"I had no doubts," I smile smugly. He gives me a sidelong look. "What?"

"Nothing," he grins and pushes me into the water. I scream and manage to go down feet first. I swim back up coughing and pull myself out of the pool. I take a threatening step toward Landon, whose eyes widen. He takes a hesitant step backwards and bolts. I dart after him, careful not to slip.

We circle the pool and then the bar, coming to a standstill around a lounge chair. I make a quick decision and jump over it. He moves back just in time, but what he doesn't realize is, he's now close enough to the water. I throw myself at him, wrapping my arms around him as we fall down in the water together. Our arms and legs get tangled up but we manage to separate and push to the surface.