Chapter 25 - Miranda

Landon doesn't bring up the whole big confession of his love and my melt-down again, letting me think things on my own. I do really like him, like really really like him, but I don't think I'm ready for love just yet. I can't get over the fear of falling in love with him and then losing him somehow. I can't deal with another loss. I just can't.

I really appreciate his patience with me, though.

It's the first day in weeks that we're home alone for more than few hours, since Sophie and Nate have been hanging at the house a lot, not to mention our friends. Well, except for Miranda and Brett, who've been busy with who knows what all. It's been a fun summer. But I do miss some alone time with my hunk.

You know," I whisper in Landon's ear as we're laying down on a couch, "I really liked that S.W.A.T. costume you wore on Halloween."

"Really?" he quirks a brow, his eyes shining.

"Very sexy," I grin against his cheek.

His eyes meet mine, full of heat. "Did you know they came with a set of handcuffs?"

Oh my. "No, but I wouldn't mind trying them out," I press my lips on his neck. His arms go around me and he pulls me flush against his hard body.

My lips find his and he responds hungrily. His hands go to my ass and he lifts me on his lap and stands up with me. I squeeze my thighs around his waist, never breaking the kiss. His tongue explores my mouth with fervor as he walks us upstairs, careful on the stairs.

He carries me to his room, throwing me on his bed. He looks me up and down and smiles. "Wait here." Then he disappears to his closet.

I lay on his bed on my back, waiting. When he reappears, I can't take my eyes off of him. He looks even better than I remembered in the costume, his muscles bulging.

He grins at the look on my face and slowly approaches. I'm impatient to lay my hands on him, almost bouncing on him. He laughs and shakes his head.

"Not how it's going to go," he smirks and handcuffs appear in his fingers. With a glint in his eyes, his hands got to the hem of my dress and he lifts it up. It ends up in a bunch on the floor.

"You're under arrest," he murmurs against my neck, his voice low and deep.

"For what?" my heart starts racing.

"For being so sexy and irresistible," he takes my wrists and presses the cold metal lightly against my wrists before looking up, holding my eyes with his steady gaze. "Do you trust me?"

I look him straight in the eye, knowing he's looking for any signs of hesitation. If he'd asked the question a month ago, the answer would've probably been a "no." But now... "Yes. One hundred percent."

The corners of his lips turn up and he cuffs me, leaving my hands in front of me. The heat in my lower stomach grows.

He then pushes me back down on the bed and raises my hands above my head. "No touching."

"Not fair," I pretend to pout.

He just grins, his lips founding the edge of my jaw. He kisses his way down my neck to my breasts. He pushes the bra's lace away and takes my hard nipple in his mouth, sucking on it.

I feel myself getting wet and close my eyes, enjoying the sensation.

His mouth moves down my stomach, leaving kisses all over, until he reaches the edge of my panties. My breath hitches as his mouth moves over the flimsy fabric, teasing me.