Chapter 24 - Celebrations

A month later we enter May and Landon and I make our relationship official, not that either of us dated anyone else the weeks before we agreed to be exclusive. It just sort of dawned on us one day that we'd never discussed our relationship in detail.

With May also comes the final exams. We've all been busy bees studying harder than ever this semester. I'm so full of knowledge I'm a little surprised some of it hasn't spilled out my ears. Nate, Landon, and Sophie have all been really tense these past weeks, considering this is their last change to affect their grades. Even Miranda has been so busy that I haven't seen much of her since the break. Thankfully Stella and Riley have been keeping me company, or I would've been bored to death.

Both Nate and Landon have applied for their masters in our university, upon hearing which I let out a deep relieved breath. I'd been afraid Landon would apply somewhere else and move. I don't think I would do well with the whole long-distance thing.

I think I do good on all my exams, but can't really be sure until the grades come in. Well, I still have two more years to go. I can't help but be a little jealous of the ones already graduating.

Graduation day is long. Since Nate, Landon, and Sophie are each in different schools inside the University, they all have separate ceremonies. I sit with Stella next to Mike's parents on his and Nate's graduation, which is late in the morning. Then I sit next to Sophie's little sister and parents, cheering her on when her name is called.

Landon's ceremony is last. He doesn't have any family, so I make sure to cheer him the loudest and snap a picture.

"You did it," I grin up at him. "I'm really proud of you."

He pulls me into a tight hug. "I couldn't have done it without you and Nate. Letting me live with you and for free at that... I really appreciate it. I had more time to study when I didn't have to be at work all the time."

"You could've done it on your own," I tell him, sure of it. "But we're glad we could help."

He kisses me and I can't help but smile.

We head to Sophie's parents house, where they're throwing a sophisticated party for the four graduates. Both our grandparents and aunt Melissa, Luke, uncle Rick and his girlfriend are there. Lots of "congratulations" are said and hugs given.

Then Rick drops the bomb: he and his girlfriend of six months, Emma, are getting married in early July. We'll all a little surprised, to say the least, considering he's always been quite the ladies' man, never the one to settle down with someone. Until now, that is. They're having a nice outdoor wedding, and we're all invited, of course. He asks Nate to be his best man, which he is happy to accept.

All in all, it's a very happy day. I smile and laugh so much that my cheek muscles are actually hurting by the time us "kids" wave our goodbye and head to the real party with the other graduates. We party to early morning and go to bed expecting a hangover the next day.

June goes by quickly and before we know it, it's July and Rick and Emma's wedding day. The weather is perfect: clear skies and sunshine.

"You ready?" Landon comes to my room, dressed in a black suit with a white dress shirt and a blue tie.

I strap on tan heels and straighten up. I'm wearing a blue high-low lace dress with a sweetheart neckline and a slimming waistband. I'm also wearing the silver bracelet Landon gave me for Christmas and a matching necklace and earrings. My make-up is light, considering we'll be outside in the sun and I don't want make-up running down my face. Stella came over a few hours ago and twisted my curled hair into an intricate side-bun on the nape of my neck. She really could be a hairdresser is she ever gets bored of veterinarian sciences.