Chapter 9

Avery's POV

I run to the front of the cabin and see a large cabin with a one on it. Jason is standing by the front door and holds it open for me. I run in and see three beds, one on the left, one on the right, and one in the middle. They all lie against the wall, not sticking out into the room. Above each bed is a large cubby. The cubbies on the left and right are filled with pictures and books and weapons. 

Thalia then walked in, "Your bed is in the middle, Avery." 

I smiled then ran to the bed and lied down. Jason ran over and started to tickle me. I giggled and yelled, "stop! Stop!" He stopped then started to make funny faces. I hope all of our days are like this. 

Thalia walked over with clothing in her hands. She handed me a pair of tennis shoes, "Try these on and see if they fit, huh? I guessed on the size." 

I nodded and sat down, taking off my old torn up shoes. I try them on and they fit perfectly.

"Did they work?" Thalia called from the other side of the room.

"Um, yeah." I said

"What size are those?" Jason asked, "I need to go get you a pair of combat boots, too."

I look on the top of the shoe flap(I have no clue what that's called) and called out, "youth one"

He nodded and walked out the door. 

"Come here, Avery." Thalia called. I quickly put my shoes on the ground leveled cubby beside my bed and walked over to her. She motioned for me to follow her and she showed me a closet, "You clothes are in the middle, see?" 

I looked in the closest to see three sections, all separated by a wooden barrier. They all had a hanging rack and a few drawers. I looked up to see two bright orange shirts labeled "Camp Half-Blood" and then several athletic shirts. I even got a camp one! I open the drawers to see undergarments, pants and shorts, and pajamas. "Is this all for me?" I ask.

"Yes, sweetheart," Thalia says and kisses the top of my head. "And this," She leads me to a bathroom, "is our bathroom."

There were three sinks and a shower and toilet. "This one," She pointed to the one with a yellow step stool in front of it,  "is yours." There was a blue toothbrush, yellow hairbrush, deodorant, hair ties, and all the other basic necessities.

Just then Jason walked back in with the combat boots. He handed them to me, "Thanks." I said. Just then I realized how tall her was. He towered over me by like two whole feet. It was quite scary.

"No problem, kiddo. Can I talk to you outside for a minute?" He asked

"Yeah," I said, "let me out my boots down first." I went and put my boots by my tennis shoes. I walked out the door and shut it behind me. I walked over to Jason who was sitting on a bench next to the cabin. He patted the seat next to him and I climbed up. Did I do something wrong?

Jason's POV

I have a sister. Wow. She's here and alive and I feel like I need to get to know her more. I went to go get her combat boots while Thalia showed her around. I need to tell her I've always got her back. I think I'll tell her when I get back. I walked in and gave her the boots, and then asked to see her outside. Just then did I realize how tiny she was. I was sooo much taller than her. I could totally not see her and just run over her. I walked outside and sat down on a bench, she came out and I patted the seat next to me. She climbed onto the bench with a worried face.

"Don't worry, Avery, you didn't do anything." I said

She seemed to visually relax.

"I just wanted to talk to you about being your older brother," I started

She looked up at me.

"Listen kid, the worlds not perfect but it's not that bad. If we have each other and that's all we have, I will be your brother and I'll hold your hand. You should know I'll be there for you. When the worlds not perfect and then worlds not kind, If we have each other then we'll both be fine. You should know I'll be there for you(Total credits to Alec Benjamin for this whole convo)." 

"Really?" She looked up at me, "You don't hate me for taking up room?"

"Of course not, kiddo. And all those boys better watch out. If they break your heart I'm going to break them."

She giggled and hit me gently, "Be nice, Jace." 

I kinda liked that nickname. I suddenly realized it was dark outside. I grabbed Avery's hand and said, "Let's head in, its about time for bed." 

She nodded and we headed back to the cabin.