Chapter 11

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ 

Fight scene in this chapter

Curse words in this chapter

Jessie's POV

I've been working so hard. Sooo hard to be the best sword fighter. I've practiced every night before bed. Being a daughter of Ares, I'm naturally competitive. I've spent the past three years at this freaking camp, I'm 12 now, to be the best. And now there is some newbie who has the talent naturally? It's not fair! After we finished practice I walked over to her, she might be able to beat me in a sword fight but what about....

"Hey newbie!" I called

Avery turned to look at me, she didn't say anything, though.

"I want to challenge you to a fight." 

Adam grabbed my arm and whispered in my ear, "Not a good idea. Remember what happened last time?" 

Last time I won, but I won by too much. I accidentally broke the kids arm and leg. I was on kitchen duty for like two months because of that.

"Relax," I uttered, slipping my arm out of his grip, "she'll be easy."

I turn back to Avery, "Let's go."

"I don't know..." she started softly. It was obvious she didn't want to fight. I needed to fire her up.

"Too scared?"

"No"

"Then why aren't you accepting?"

"Cause I don't want to hurt anyone."

Blech, the child thinks she could cause damage? What a weakling, "you couldn't even get close to hurting me." I have a pretty big ego, but I can't help it. I ALWAYS get my way.

"I don't want to, sorry." She said. Avery started to walk away, but I was NOT about to loose an opportunity to win. I ran and tackled her to the ground.

"What are you doing!" She yelled.

I threw a punch right into her nose. It started to bleed, heavily.

"What the hell!" She screamed.

I punched her, again. This time in the stomach. I quickly figured out that there was no way she was going to win. But this kid, she doesn't take no for an answer.

Avery's POV

I was loosing, loosing the fight I didn't want to have. She punched me for a second time. This time right in my eye. I could feel it start to swell. She stood up and stomped on my stomach. I grabbed her ankle and threw her back down. I got on top of her and starting to punch her. She flipped me back and kept hitting me. I wrapped my legs around her waist and slammed her on the ground. I felt arms wrap around me. I started to kick and thrash as much as I could. 

"Calm down!" I look up to see Percy holding me back. I look ahead of me and Will was holding back Jessie. 

"Take her to the infirmary," Will said, talking to Percy, "I'm taking her(Jessie) to the Ares cabin to talk to the head counselor and I'll heal her there. DON'T let Avery leave." 

Percy threw my over his shoulder as I continued to try and escape. I didn't need medical attention. It was just a few scratches and bruises. I'm used to much worse. We made it to the infirmary, unfortunately, and Percy sat me down on one of the beds. It was empty other than us, which is unusual. 

Percy looked at me, worried, "What happened?"

A few tears fell down my face. Percy squatted down next to the bed to come to the same level as me, "You can tell me. I won't get mad."