Chapter 12

Avery's POV

I ran as fast as I could to the dining area so I could eat. I'm kinda feeling like buttered bread and rice today. I look around and then see the table with all of my friends(for those of you wondering the big kids). I run over and go sit down with them.

"Yeah and I think—" Thalia stopped talking when I sat down, "Hey, Avery! How are— what happened to your face?"

"That's not a very nice question," Percy said as he and Will sat down at the table.

"I'm serious, Seaweed Brain. Look at her face."

"Yeah, I know."

"Avery," Annabeth said, "What happened?"

"Ummmm.." I said. I don't want them to get the wrong idea and get mad or think I'm a bad kid or something.

"Avery got into a fight," Will said, very hesitantly.

"WHAT?" Jason yelled.

"A fight!" Piper exclaimed 

Suddenly the table was very loud and confusing. Everyone was asking me a million things at once and some were yelling at no one in particular. A boy with curly dark hair was walking towards our table, but when he heard the ruckus, he turned around and left.

"Calm down," I yelled, "it's not a big deal."

"Yes," Annabeth enunciated, "it is."

"Well we don't  know anything, yet," Nico pointed out, "so what happened?"

I looked up from my empty plate and said, "Someone attacked me, so I fought back."

"Who attacked you?" Thalia asked firmly 

"That doesn't matter," I start, "wh—-"

Thalia interrupted me, "Yes it does. So tell me before I find out myself"

"Fine," I rolled my eyes, "It was Jessie but it's okay."

"No it's not," Annabeth said, obviously appalled.

"Don't worry about it," Percy reassured, "We dealt with it."

"Yeah," Will added, "I talked to Clarisse and she said she had it handled."

"Fine," said Piper

"I guess I'm not hurting anyone today," Jason sighed

"Oh don't worry," Will chuckled, "Avery already hurt her pretty good."

"Did you win?" Nico asked.

"I think so," I said

Will nodded.

"That's my girl." Nico said while leaning over the table to give me a high five. I high fived him, but then Annabeth pushed him back,

"At least try and set a good example!" 

"I can't"

"You could try."

"I don't want to."

Annabeth just rolled her eyes. 

"I'm hungry!" I whined

"Well," Thalia said, "you're in the right place. Eat up guys!"

I thought of buttered bread, salad, and rice. I threw a few pieces in the fire and ate the rest. I also had a piece of chocolate cake for dessert. Apparently we had night swim tonight. I can't wait! I love swimming. After dinner, Thalia, Jason, and I walk back to the cabin to get changed. 

"What swim suit should I wear?" I asked, holding up a blue two piece and a yellow and purple one piece. 

Jason walked over and pointed to the yellow and purple one, "that one."

"Okay," I walked over to the bathroom and got changed into my swimsuit. My hair was a mess. 

"Thalia!" I called

"She's left, Avery." Jason called back

"Oh," 

"What do you need?" He came walking into the bathroom.

"I need help with my hair." I said, upset that it was such a mess.

"Hey, don't panic," he said, grabbing a hair brush and ponytail holders, "What do you want me to do? Braids? Ponytail?" 

"Braids, please." 

He nodded and started working. In about five minutes he had braided my red hair into two ditch braids. I wonder where he learned that.

"Jason?" 

"Mhm," he replied, finishing rapping the ponytail holder around my hair.

"Where did you learn to do hair?"

"Piper made me learn when we were on the Argo II. I'm not sure why, though."

"Oh, well thanks!"

"No problem, kiddo." He patted my head, "lets get going so we aren't late!" 

I nodded and grabbed my shoes, a towel, goggles, and a water. Jason grabbed my hand and we walked to the lake for free swim.

I saw Harley down my the lake so I let go of Jason's hand and ran to Harley.

"Hey Avery!" She said, enthusiasticly. 

"Hey Harley, who is they?" I asked, motioning to the two boys standing with her.

"This is Karson," she said pointing to a boy with tan skin, curly blonde hair and blue eyes, "he's a son of Hermes, and this," she pointed to the boy with dark skin, straight dark hair and dark eyes, "is my brother, Logan." 

"Hey guys," I smiled at them, "I'm Avery." 

"I've heard," said Logan

"Yeah," Karson agreed, "you made quite the enterance."

I blushed and looked down. I placed my towel, water, and shoes on the ground. I put my goggles on and said, "Let's swim!"

—x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x—

At the end of the night. Avery had fallen asleep on the beach, and Jason carried her back to the cabin. That child sure is a firecracker.

A/N

Now we have two possible love interests! Who do you think would go better? Karson is a really prankster and not at all serious while Logan is very crafty and sweet. Idk who to choose!