Chapter 14: Arguments

"Mione, where are you going?" Ron asked as I walked towards the door of the Gryffindor common room.

"Going for a swim." I told him. I liked to swim at the best of times, and I needed some space.

"It's the middle of January." Ron looked at me. I shrugged.

"Oh well," I replied and walked out.

Sure, the water was perishing cold, but who cared- not me. Then something grabbed my ankle. I yelped, but I was dragged underwater and everything went black.

A/N: Going back to third person just for this tiny little scene while Mya's unconscious.

Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini, Theo Nott, Gregory Goyle and Vincent Crabbe were strolling down towards the great lake.

"You're in love with Voldemort's daughter?" Blaise smirked.

"I never said that," Draco replied.

"Which is why you kissed her." Theo retorted.

"Almost killed her." Draco reminded.

"But you wished you had, right?" Blaise prompted.

"Blaise that is rich coming from a guy who fancies-" but he was cut short by Goyle.

"There's someone unconscious!" he gasped. Following Goyle's gaze, they all saw Hermione laying unconscious in the shallow water. Well, they could see a girl. They didn't know it was her yet.

"Why the heck is she in the water?" Theo asked, "It's the middle of January."

"The giant squid must have dragged her in," Blaise nodded like a doctor does when they examine you and have found something bad.

"I'm not going to help her, though it's Granger." Theo decided as they drew nearer.

"Nott! Good one!" Crabbe laughed, and Goyle rolled his eyes.

"I think we should- I mean, who else will we torture in school?" Draco reasoned.

"Well then you're on your own." Goyle told him, and the others trooped back up the hill. On his own (that means without magic, although it would have been easier for him to), he lifted her up out of the water and pulled up her sleeve to check her pulse. That's when he saw the Dark Mark.

Hermione's POV

I opened my eyes and blinked. Twice. I sat up and saw Draco Malfoy staring at me in shock and horror and bewilderment.

"What the-" I asked groggily. He didn't answer. "Malfoy, what that heck did you do? If you where the one who dragged me underwater I'll kill you." he continued to stare at me. There was a slight chill in the air and I pulled my cardigan back on- hang on, why was my cardigan off? I had started wearing it at all times as a precaution, if it was off he would have seen... "Oh you didn't!" I growled, getting up. "You saw, didn't you. Not one word to anyone. One single syllable and-" I made the slit throat action with my hands and turned to go.

"You-" he said, "You're the traitor, aren't you!" I turned.

"What?" I asked, caught of guard.

"You have access to Hogwarts; your Potter's friend- it all fits!" he exclaimed logically.

"No. You have it all wrong." I panicked.

"Do I? Explain then." He took a step forward menacingly.

"It's non-explainable," I told him.

"So?" he shrugged, and I couldn't help thinking he was nicer when I was Sophia. "Explain anyway."
"I don't have to explain myself to you," I said.

"Oh, but you do," he stepped towards me, "You see, my best friend even accused ME of being the traitor. She's worried. And let me tell you, Granger, I'd do anything to make her happy. So spill."

"Malfoy, I have my secrets. This is one of them. I'm not going to explain myself to you. I don't have to. You tell a single soul about this and I swear you will die." I threatened.

"How? You don't have the power." he sneered.

"You will die at my father's hand." I said lowly. He snorted.

"Granger your fathers a Muggle." he laughed. My face burned in anger.

"As far as you know." I snapped and walked away.

A/N: Very short chapter, I'm sorry, so I shall give you another chapter today! Another one! Yay! Right? There you are.