Chapter 17: The closet

I blinked to get used to the darkness.

"I said get out." I turned and saw Blaise Zabini stood with his arms folded.

"When they've gone passed I will." I told him.

"What are they even doing?" he asked.

"Trying to find out who I'm gawking at." I said offhandedly. He looked at me and laughed.

"Come off it Grange you don't gawk." He chuckled.

"I do so!" I protested.

"Since when?" he looked at me.

"Since Christmas." I said. "And while we're at it, why were you walking towards the Gryffindor table a month ago? And why did you scarper?"

"Well wouldn't you scarper if a dozen and two Gryffindors turned to look at you? And all I was doing was going to go ask Ginny Weasly on a date- crap! Grange, I did not just say that." He said, but I didn't listen.

"YES! I KNEW IT!" I screamed happily. "I knew you fancied her! She thought you fancied me, but I said no, it was her you fancied and I was right!"

"What?" he asked, confused. "Don't tell anyone, though."

"Course not! I know the uproar it would create if word got out you, a Slytherin, fancied a Gryffindor, or vice versa." I smiled.

"Thank God." he nodded.

"No, thank Granger." I joked. He chuckled.

"But if you like her, why not tell her that?"

"Did you see the way she looked at me a month ago?" he sighed, exasperated.

"Yeah. And I see the way you look at her." I smirkled. He looked at me.
"Did you just smirk?" he asked, cocking his head. I half laughed.

"No. Do I look like a Slytherin?" he opened his mouth, "Wait, don't answer that. My 'smirk', as you call it, was actually a smirkle, a combination of a smile and a smirk. It is an easy way for Gryffindor females to smirk while keeping their Gryffindor-ness. Unfortunately if boys do it their immediately classed as gay." I lectured. He looked at me. "Zabini, I will ask you one question: Have I killed your brain with smartness?" Slowly, he nodded. "Great. I promised myself to be less of a murderer and I've gone and killed another brain."

"Have they gone?" he asked. I put my ear to the door. All was quiet.

"Yep," I nodded.

"Brill. Let's get out of here- we're late." he opened the door.

"Late?" I looked at him.

"For transfiguration. Whose brain is killed now?" he smirked. I laughed, muttering 'Slytherin Trait'. Then I saw a familiar redhead with no regard for lessons run around the corner.

"Get ready to run." I whispered to Blaise.

"What?" he looked towards Ginny, "Oh crap."

"There she is! And she's with Zabini! Knew she fancied him. And they've come out of a cupboard- EEEW!" another million people came skidding around the corner. Me and Blaise looked at each other.

"RUN!" Blaise yelled and ran, flinging his arms and legs everywhere. I chuckled to myself and sprinted after him, with a million other people at my heels.