Chapter 37: The Fair

Later that night Luna and Draco stood at the bottom of the stairs watching for me and my father to come down. I'd forced him to become his relitivley human self so not to freak out people. Now, I was dragging him down the stairs.

"But I don't want to go!" My father was moaning, "Can't I stay home?"

"No!" I argued.

"But why not?"

"Because I say!"

"Fine." He rolled his eyes. We walked out of the Manor and down the lane to the fair. At the entrance I spotted a familiar redhead.

"GINNY! BLAISE!" I yelled, running over. I hugged Ginny. "How are you guys?"

"Brilliant- we're on a date." Ginny grinned.

"One problem: we're being chaperoned." Blaise rolled his eyes.

"By who?" Luna asked.

"By me!" Ron popped up. "I'm here with Harry!"

"Riddles." Harry glared.

"Harry." We nodded in reply. He glared again and walked off.

"See you!" I called.

"SOPHIA!" I heard a voice call. I turned around and saw the group of Muggles we saw yesterday. Bryony now had her leg in a cast, and Livia's head was in a bandage. "Want to sign my cast?"

"Sure!" I grinned, taking a green pen and writing 'Sophia woz here!'. "What happened to you, Livia?"

"You know the cut on her forehead?" Melina asked.

"Well the salt water got it infected so she has to wear a bandage."

"I dyed it pink to match my dress!" Livia giggled. She was wearing a short cocktail dress which was hot pink.

"Guys, these are my friends Blaise and Ginny, and Ginny's brother Ron." I guestured to them, "Guys, these are Freddy, Melina, Bryony and Licia. We met on a beach yesterday. Oh, and here's my hermitish father, Tom." I said, pulling my father towards us.

"So there's a kareokee booth over there," Bryn pointed, "Shall we continue where we left off?"

"In a second- I want to go on the ferris wheel first." I clutched Draco's hand and we walked off.

"Wait! I wanna go on the ferris wheel too!" Livia squealed and ran after us. I sighed. The three of us stood in line for a few minutes. Unfortunatly for Livia (But luckily for us!) there were only two to a carriage. Me and Draco got on, and Livia went in the one after us. At the top, we stopped.

"Wow, look at that- it's so beautiful!" I gasped, looking up at the stars in the sky. It was like you could reach up and touch them.

"Beautiful," Draco agreed, but he wasn't looking at the sky. His silver-eyed gaze was fixed on me. I blushed, and looked down at the fair below us. Then I remembered. I'm afraid of heights. I clutched Draco in fright. "Are you okay?" I shook my head. "You're afraid of heights, aren't you." I nodded. He held me and locked gazes with me. "Don't worry- I'll get you through it." We lent close into each other, and my heart raced. Then a scream pierced the night. We looked over the edge just in time to see Livia fall off the ferris wheel.

Livia's POV

I sat in the box thing as we went upwards. It's like, so totally unfair that Draco and Sophia got to ride together but I have to, like, ride on my owns. Then I had a totally 'mazin' idea! I coulds, like, climb up the metal things to Draco and Sophia! I dids it when we stopped. I put one foot on the metal thing, then the other, but then I slipped. I screamed as I fells from the ferris wheel. For a second I thoughts I was gonna, like, die, but then Is was pcisked up by two hands. A face looked down on me with really messy black hairs, and rimmed glassed that were, like sooo out of fashion. We was flying, thens my sight when blacks.