Chapter 32: Thestrals and Crab cakes

"So?" Harry snapped when I emerged from the office.

"I'll see you on the Hogwarts Express, Harry." I grinned.

"You're not aloud to call me that," he told me, "only my friends are allowed to call me Harry."

"I can call you whatever I like." I told him, "it's a free world."

"It's a free world?" He scoffed, "free world my-"

"Language." I reprimanded.

"Shut up. If it's a free world why is Mione chained up in your house?" He grumbled.

"Who said she was chained up? Just because sh'es kidnapped it doesn't mean she's chained up." Ginny said.

"Who said she was kidnapped at all?" I laughed, "didn't you hear our plans Harry, or are you deaf too? We have her as a hostage. And a rule of hostagism is: Never mistreat you're hostage- until the deadline. Which, by the way Harry, is in a couple of weeks. Don't miss it."

"What?"

"Oh hey! Who knows where Justin is?" I asked.

"Phia, Justin's dead." Ginny reminded me.

"I know that," I nodded, "but I told him I'd spend the day with him, and I will, whether he's dead or not. So who knows where he is?"

"In the Entrance Hall, Phia." Ginny told me solemnly.

"Thanks," I thanked and went straight to the Entrance Hall. There was a lump under some cloth laid across the bench. The cloth was yellow with the Hufflepuff badger on it. I knew immediately who was underneath. I ran over to him and sat down.

"Hiya Justin." I smiled, "I'm here now. I said I'd spend the day with you, and I will." I sat there silently for a minute. "Did it hurt? Dying, I mean. What did it feel like? Do you miss us, me and Ginny? Are you alright?" I sighed, "I'm sorry, Justin. I should have been more forceful to you about going away. Or I could've jumped infront of you, Daddy wouldn't have Avada'd me. At least... I think he wouldn't have..."

"Miss Elddir?"

"Riddle." I corrected automatically. I looked up and saw Professor McGonagal standing at the entrance with two distraught people I realised to be Justin's parents. His father was like an older version of him.

"Yes, yes. What are you doing here though?"

"I told Justin I'd spend the day with him today. And whether he's dead or not, I'm going to keep my promise." I stated truthfully, getting up. "I'm really sorry, Mr and Mrs. Finch-Fletchly."

"It's alright, dear," smiled Justin's mother politely, "I'm sure there's nothing you could have done."

"There was, Mrs. Finch-Fletchly. I was there," I told her.

"Never mind. I'm sure Justin wouldn't have wanted you to sacrifice yourself for him." Mr. Finch-Fletchly boomed, "who are you?"

"Well my name is Sophia Lily Riddle, sir," I began, "but Justin knew me most of his life here as Hermione Granger. And Hermione Elddir since just after Easter I think." Mrs. Finch-Fletchly beamed.

"So your Hermione?" She grinned, "oh Justin always used to talk about you! You were the sun and moon to him! Oh... I think I've said too much..."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Finch-Fletchly. I know. He told me just before he... before he..." the word was stuck in my throat.

"Ah," Mr. Finch-Fletchly nodded, "that must just make it harder for you."

"Not as hard as it must be for you." I sighed, "I mean you were his parents." Just then Draco and Blaise ran in, panting slightly.