five

five

  ROSINE HAD FALLEN asleep in the comfort of Will's arms, but Will couldn't seem to sleep himself

ROSINE HAD FALLEN asleep in the comfort of Will's arms, but Will couldn't seem to sleep himself. Worry plagued him as he played with the hair of the girl he'd grown to adore. Something didn't sit right in his heart, and he couldn't quite place a finger on it.

He sighed and began to pat Rosine's head tenderly. He looked down at her, and felt a deep sadness in his heart. This woman, although they've only met just hours ago and didn't know much about, made him want to survive. He wished things were different. He wished they were born in another time, in another place, and under different circumstances. He wished he could take her on a date, meet her brother, learn all the little things about her, and tell her all the little things about him. He felt as if there was so much more to know about her, and such little time.

He stopped moving his hand. The stillness of the room allowed him to slip into a deep thought. What was so important? He needed to do something. The unsureness of what he was suppose to be doing gnawed at him. The big question mark in his brain twisted his guts and pierced his soul. It must have been important, and he couldn't help but to feel he was letting people down by not being able to remember. A deep sigh came from him as he desperately tried to remember.

Then he thought, why not just leave and try to find the English army. But then he realized wandering aimlessly in a town filled with men ready to kill him would be pointless and fatal. He'd get shot before he got a clue of what's going on.

"Will? You're up?"

His eyes met hers as she blinked awake. Will didn't say anything, he just placed a loving hand on her cheek and brought his lips to hers. She returned the gentle kiss happily.

"Is everything alright?" She asked, pulling away to get a good look at him.

He studied her face. Taking in her cheeks, her eyes, her hair, her ears, her lips and her nose. He found beauty in it all, despite all the faults, although he would argue there isn't any. He wanted nothing more than to give himself completely to this woman, before he lost the chance to because he knew he would have to leave and find the English army, sooner rather than later.

"Make love to me," he whispered spontaneously, his voice laced with nervousness. Rosine's cheeks bursted up in flames.

Part of her wanted to hit him for thinking she would be an easy woman, but instead, she nervously bit her lip before saying anything. "I-I've never.. done .. I wouldn't know what I'm doing."

He took her hand in his, intertwining their fingers together. "I might not live to see you after this war— should this war ever end. I'd never forgive myself if I didn't ask. Rosine, would you do me the honour by allowing myself to make love to you."

Rosine sat there, completely shocked and confused. She sat up slowly, peeling herself away from his embrace. She swung her legs over the side of the bed, finding anything but Will to look at. Her mother would roll around in her grave if she knew. Being raised in a very religious household, saving yourself for marriage was a very important value. At least, to her parents it was. She knew her sister didn't care for that rule, and only God knows about her brother.

As she battled internally, Will sat up also, situating himself next to Rosine. He regretted being so forward, but how could he not? He'd rather know that he tried to have Rosine in every way possible, than to be left wondering what if.

Will could visibly see the conflict in her eyes as he tucked a piece of hair away from her face. "Forget I asked. It was impolite of me, my dear. I'm happy to just be in your company."

She turned to Will, and a new look of determination was on her face. "Don't make fun of me, and be gentle."

Now it was Will's turn to be surprised. He closed his eyes as Rosine straddled him. He could feel the heat of her skin as she sat on him, leaving his body tingling everywhere they touched. One moment they were sharing the same breath, and the next their mouths were pressed together. They worked in unison, savouring every last little moan and gasp from one another. The room was filled with passion within seconds as they kissed with desperation, as if they'd never get to hold each other again. Will's lips trailed down to her collarbone, as he began to nip and suck on the tender skin there. His rough fingers trailed down to the collar of her dress. He slowly pulled it away from her shoulder, revealing her delicate skin beneath. He connected his mouth back to hers as he pulled down the other side. Soon she was bare from the chest up.

Rosine flushed red as he pulled away to admire her chest. He wanted to remember this moment— to enjoy it. He wanted her to enjoy it too, to never regret it.

He lightly pulled at the waist of the dress, looking into Rosine's eyes to make sure she was still consenting to this. She gave him a small nod of encouragement. He pulled down the rest of her dress to reveal her in all her naked glory.

He gulped as his bulge pressed tightly against his pants. This woman didn't have a clue what she was doing to him.

enjoy :)