seven

seven

    THE BELLS CHIMED six times as they packed what little belongings they'd bring

    THE BELLS CHIMED six times as they packed what little belongings they'd bring. Will grabbed his gun and suited up, while Rosine added cotton to the bottoms of her feet before she slipped on her shoes, in case she needed to run. She pressed against her pocket and felt the outline of her treasured photograph. It left her with a sense of comfort and reassurance.

"We need to get to the river and from there we should be able get to the woods," Rosine whispered as she followed him up the chipped and ruined stairs, into the darkness and outside of her safe-zone. She felt a pit in her stomach get deeper and deeper as they moved further away.

They walked cautiously in the vague direction they needed to be going. It was still and silent in the town, but even the most optimistic child ought to know that doesn't last. Rosine glanced upwards towards the sky and saw nothing, not even a flare.

She then turned her gaze towards Will. She observed him as he watched every corner and dark alley, with his hands ready on his gun. She noticed the blood caked in his hair, since his helmet was discarded long ago. She must've been distracted when trying to clean it properly.

Rosine was about to say something as they turned a corner, but was silenced by the harsh grab of Will. He pushed her between the wall of an alley and himself. She didn't dare say anything as she heard the sound of vomiting and muttering on the other side of the wall.

Will tugged her around the other side of the wall, and she obeyed without question. They tiptoed around trying not to make any noise, until a small zipping sound came from their left. They both were momentarily paralyzed with fear as they saw a German soldier zipping up his pants.

All three of them stared at each other for a second until Will sprung into action. He slammed the boy against a piller with his hand over the boys mouth. Rosine put her finger to her mouth as the boy's eyes drifted towards her. He nodded.

Will hesitantly moved his hand, but regretted that action immediately.

"Engländer! Engländer!" The soldier cried. Will tackled him to the ground. Rosine watched as the boy's head smacked the pavement, followed by Will squeezing his hands around the boy's throat. The words were choked back as the boy struggled to get air. Rosine watched in horror, suddenly realizing how many men Will might've killed.

The thought chilled her to the bone. But she pushed it away as another German soldier came stumbling through the dark. He was evidently the vomiting one outside.

The soldier called out for the boy Will was strangling, but the dead boy couldn't reply. Will stood up and backed away from the boy he had just killed. He couldn't of been older than twenty, Will thought to himself.

"Baumer?"

The German man came closer, trying to find his comrade in the dark. Will latched onto Rosine's shaking hand and ran forwards, hitting shoulders with the German man and knocking him on his drunk ass.

The two tore through the streets as "Engländer!" was shouted around them. Bullets started being fired as they encountered serval different soldiers. Yet, somehow they managed to not get hit.

They turned a corner and came to the end of town, which was near the river. Will and Rosine had let go of hands long ago, but Rosine found herself wishing she had some sort of comfort as they came to a bridge.

"Jump!" Will shouted. Rosine barely heard what he was saying over the deafening sound of bullets, but she got the hint as he jumped over the side. More bullets rained down on them as she took a leap of faith and crashed into cold water down below.

*enjoy:)

*enjoy:)