seventeen

seventeen

ONE WEEK, TWO DAYS BEFORE WEDDING.

ACCORDING TO WILL, the sun was shining brighter, the birds were in perfect harmony, and nothing couldn't bring him down from cloud nine— especially once Friday morning rolled around. He woke up earlier than usual, and even took it upon himself to pack Elizabeth's bags for her.

The blonde girl was seated at the kitchen table, sipping on her earl grey tea while she waited for her taxi. She watched with suspicious eyes as her fiancée happily cleaned the house, dusting and wiping down surfaces even she hadn't bothered with.

"What's put you in a good mood," Elizabeth asked, an accusing tone lacing her sassy voice. Will looked up from where he was cleaning and flashed her an irresistible grin. Her heart melted. This was the Will she wanted.

"It's just a beautiful day," he replied. He went back into their room, probably to fold the pile of laundry she left for him to do over the weekend, because she assumed that's all he would do.

"Well, since you're suddenly productive, while I'm away, you and your little friend Jack can go suit shopping. I have no doubts you haven't even made an appointment."

Will was about reply to Elizabeth's passive agressive attitude, but the loud honking of the taxi interrupted their conversation. Will walked Elizabeth to the door. His eager hands reached for her jacket, and within seconds he had her jacket on her back. Elizabeth blushed at the gesture.

"Well, I.. I guess I'm leaving now," Elizabeth drawled, slowly picking up her bags. She looked up at Will, batting her thick eyelashes and puckering her lips, awaiting a kiss. She lightly closed her eyes and leaned forward.

Will looked between her closed eyes and puckered, glossy lips. He gulped. He leaned in as well, but didn't dare close his eyes. His heart hammered for all the wrong reason. This is wrong.

At the last second, he aimed for her cheek. He planted a forced kiss on her perfectly powdered cheek. She pulled back confusedly, but then she broke out in a laugh.

"I suppose it's a good idea to keep our intimacy to a minimum, at least until our wedding," she thought aloud. She picked up her bags and made to leave. "I'll see you Monday. Goodbye William."

Will closed the door and locked it once she left. He quickly jogged to the window overlooking the street, and watched as Elizabeth entered the taxi. A piece of him felt at peace as she drove away.

He glanced at the clock on the wall, and realized he had no clue when he should expect Rosine. He felt guilty and dirty as he collected all the photos of Elizabeth and him, or their parents and family. He only left a couple photos on the walls to make the place appear lived in.

He decided to get a shower. He stalked back to his on suite bathroom and turned on the faucet, making it hot. He stripped himself of his clothes, and looked in the mirror. He stared at the scars that would never leave his body, but today he wouldn't dwell over it.

He jumped in the shower and lathered his body in his pine body wash, making sure to wash him well. He raked shampoo through his longer than usual hair. He rinsed it throughly, and then added his conditioner.

While he let his conditioner sit, he pulled out his shaving cream and razor and went to town, being sure to tame the beast. He rinsed his conditioner out once he finished shaving, and turned off the water. He stepped out of the shower and comb his hair. He debated on several different styles, but ended up sticking with what he usually did— nothing.