epilogue

epilogue

two years later

Nerves filled Will's body as he stood at the front of the church. Next to him was Jack, grinning like a madman at his best friend. Jack patted Will on the back, hoping to help let some anxiety loose.

Will's eyes danced across the crowd, looking between everyone attending the event. His eyes landed on Blake and five year old Timmy, all of them sending smiles of encouragement. They were in the front row on the right side of the church, next to them was three empty seats with bouquets on top.

"My parents and sister will be there," Rosine had explained to him before, while they planned the seating arrangements. "There's no way they won't have seats."

Will remember his reply. "We should save a seat for my friend Thomas Blake then, if that's okay with you." Rosine hugged her fiancée. He knew she'd never turn down that request of his.

In the left side's front row his mother and Jack's family were chatting amongst each other. He smiled fondly at the sight. He imagined Thomas Blake standing next to Jack, giving him a big thumbs up, congratulating him on finally getting the girl.

Will didn't have time to be sad over his absent friend due to his heart stopping as the piano started playing. The once lively church became dead silent as everyone turned towards the door. Lara St. Martin stepped out from the side and began her walk down the isle as the maid of honour.

She smiled brightly at everyone as she passed, taking small steps until she ended up at the altar. She took her appropriate place, and waited for the bride to come.

For Will, it felt as if the world stopped completely as he drank up the sight of his fiancée standing at the other end of the church. She stood tall, proudly showing off her baby bump— five months along to be exact. Her dress was lacey and white. It hugged her perfectly, then flowed into a large gown. It showed off her bump elegantly, while still keeping all the attention on her. Her red hair was tied into an updo with white flowers woven into her hair. Next to her was Al, holding her arm tightly as he walked her down the isle. Al was dressed in his military uniform, all of his medals on display, much like Will and Jack.

Everyone held their breath as the bride walked up to the altar. At the bottom, Will met Al. The old man handed off Rosine to Will, sending him a warning glance. Will chuckled, taking Rosine's warm, soft hands in his own. As Al took his seat, Will helped his pregnant fiancée, and soon to be wife up the three stairs.

They stood about a foot apart, holding hands as they waited for the marriage officiant to begin the service. Will fought the urge to bring his hand to where his unborn child was resting as Rosine looked out into the crowd, nodding to everyone there. Including the ones who couldn't be there.

Their eyes met, both unable to contain the purely joyful grins on their face. This was the moment Rosine longed for. This time, she was the bride.