-Chapter Six-

"Aspen?" Anastasia walks into my room, completely ready for dinner. A big diamond necklace shines at her neck, and the diamond bangles around her wrists matched the cream-colored dress. "Are you ready for dinner?"
"Almost!" I call, and I summon Lise to clasp the necklace that Mom gave me around my neck. I now get a closer look at it, I see that it's my family emblem and Aspen tree of course. But intertwined in the leaves, is a little raven. Kato's family emblem. It's a symbol of me joining their family, a symbol of marriage.

Lise clips the necklace around my neck, and I slide the gloves onto my hands. "Thank you." I look down at the floor, and Lise walks away.

"Is everything okay-"

"ANASTASIA? ASPEN?" We hear Onix screaming and she stops in our room. "You need to see this."

She rushes us up the elevator and hurryingly pushing the button to the dining hall. Soon after a short ride, the doors open to complete chaos. Halo is holding a knife, laying on top of Laura Batel. "Get your hands off of me!" Laura growls.

Halo aims the knife at her throat, but Hanna prys Halo off of Laura.

"You idiot!" Hanna screams.

Just perfect timing, because King John walks into the room, his face a furious purple.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF THECIA IS GOING ON?" He stamps his foot on the ground, and Laura scampers up, and Halo brushes up her dress.

"Care to explain, Anastasia?" Anastasia turns red.

"I don't know, I just got here." She grits through her teeth.

"King, Laura attacked me, so my instincts kicked in. I'm a survivor, sir." Halo says sweetly.

The King smiles back. "Of course." He turns to his attendants. "Laura will be pulled from the last day of training, but she must be there tomorrow, because of the SPECS review. Please send Laura to her living quarters."

Laura opens her mouth to protest, but she closes her mouth, she figured not to mess with the King's orders. Laura grunts and allows herself to be escorted by her mentor.

I can't believe either of them since they're both deadly and have had more training than us. But my guess is that Halo started it because she's just that mad.

+++

I'm guessing after the entire attack, the King canceled dinner, so he sent it up to our rooms. I ordered some mashed potatoes, chicken, and rice. My favorites since I've been here. "Lise?"

"Yes, Aspen?"

"Can you take this off for me, please?" I point at my necklace, and she nods. "It's a little uncomfortable to sleep in, and I don't want to forget to take it off."

She rushes over in response, unclasping the precious necklace. "Thank you," I whisper. I place the necklace on my side table, and unravel my hair out of the tight bun from "dinner".

Suddenly, I feel sick to my stomach, and I quickly run into the bathroom, slamming the door shut. I puke into the toilet, and I take some deep breaths. 

"Aspen?" Lise calls. "Is everything all right?"

"No, I think I'm sick." I flush the toilet and open the door. Lise jumps back a little and gasps.

 "What's wrong?" I whisper.

"You're as pale as a ghost, Aspen." She gently grabs my arm and forced me into my bed, and asks one of her apprentices for an ice pack. "Please notify Anastasia, Helen."