-Chapter Thirteen-

As my eyes open, I can feel myself surrounded in water. Warm water. The air feels moist. Where am I?

I sit up. Fireflies flutter around, lightning the area. A small waterfall lies on my left. I sigh, and scoop up the water in my hands, taking a sip. Ah, it's so refreshing. I reach to my right.

Wait, where are they?

"Billi? Onix? Katerina?" I yell at the top of my lungs. Then I remind myself that Halo could be right outside. "Cassidy?" I whisper. I don't hear anything in response.

I lost them.

Damn it!

I swish my hands around in the water, trying to collect my items. I can find my pack, which seems to be waterproof, and my knives. I grasp on another thing.

Onix's black bow, and arrows.

They must've crashed here too, and left me and some of their weapons. But why would they leave me here? Did they think I was dead? I reach to rub the sweat on my forehead, and I pull my arm away.

Instead I find my hand full of blood.

Oh no. I look into the water for a reflection, which shows my forehead with a deep cut. I don't have my medical supplies, I don't think. How close am I to camp? Maybe I could send them a signal. A fire could do.

But getting a fire, and strong one, will be hard in this moist, wet, area. First, I'm going to take care of my head. I rip some leaves off the trees, and slap them on my head, and tie them there by ripping a small bit on fabric from my shirt.

I take a match out of my pack, and slump over to a tree. With my pack over my shoulder, knives tucked into my belt, and Onix's bow and quiver with me, I slash the match on the tree, and I run.

The smoke fills my vision, my lungs. I keep running.

I turn for a second.

A roar of fire rushes towards me.

I run fast, jumping over rocks, dodging the logs that fall over me. Hurry! Run! Go! Soon, the road becomes familiar, and I smirk. I'm almost there. I turn around again, and It's perfect. The fire stopped, the King probably didn't want the entire arena to burn down.

I run into the clearing, and there sits Onix, eyes strained from tears. I frown.

"Are you okay, Onix?" I say.

She turns to me, and her eyes widen. "Holy! It's you!" She rushes towards me, and throws her arms around me. I look at her in confusion.

"What's going on?" Katerina says.

"She's alive!"

I sit down on a log, out of breath. "How many are still playing?"

"20, I think. Maybe less." Onix whispers in my ear. "Also," she looks behind herself, looking for something, "I want to plan something for Cassidy. Her birthday is today, and I don't want it to go unnoticed."

"Okay, what do you want to do for her? I mean, we don't have that much."

"How many points do you have?" She touches my watch softly, and the green numbers pop up.

"13,000." I look up to the sun, which is peeking out of the mountains, dawn breaking. "You?"

"20,000. I really want to get her a cake." Onix says.

I shrug.

"Well, you can't just order a cake, but we'll see." I stand up, and patted her on the shoulder.