-Chapter Seventeen-

So many feelings rumble around inside of me telling me to go back and find Billi. But I'm still going to listen to Onix. 

But what if she gets hurt?

Forget it, Aspen. She's gonna die anyway. Only one can make it out alive, and it's gonna be you.

Once me and Onix get back to the clearing, we divide the remaining food among ourselves, same with the water. And now, it's night. Katerina's profile is shown, and Billi is listed as her killer.

"Now what?" Onix whispers, facing the bright fire. 

"I don't know. We should wait, until we're down to at least 10 players. Once we're down to that, I'll give you half of the remaining food, and some of my weapons. Deal?" I say. Onix nods, but I can tell by the look on her face that she's resenting it. I am too.

Before hand, I had placed some rabbit on a roasting stick. I'm pretty sure that its ready, so I take it off and hand some to Onix. Surprisingly, the food isn't that hot, the cool rain still falls lowering the flames and the heat of the food.

"I'll take first watch." Onix says. By this point, night has fallen, and the fire could lead us to danger. I nod and pour some water on the leaping flames and stop out the coals.

I head over to the tree, and slump down onto the floor. I'm so tired, I barely slept last night, and I'm glad that Onix offered to take the first watch. My eyes shut gladly.

Snap.

It's been a few hours since I fell asleep, and the sound wakes me up immediately. Onix has fallen asleep, and judging by her position, she's been asleep for awhile. This isn't good. I reach for my knives, ready for a shadow to jump out of the bushes. Who's their?

And like I guessed, someone jumps out of the bushes. It's Anna Moore, the tribute that I forgot about since the beginning of the games. A machete is in her hands. 

I throw my knife quickly, and dive roll to the side, trying to get to Onix. I quickly shake her awake, and turn back to Anna. I can see that my knife slashed her arm, almost missing. 

"Onix get up!" I scream, throwing another knife that misses. Why am I so rusty? 

I turn to Onix, which wasn't a good choice. Anna kicks my spine. Hard. It sends me to the floor. Fear pumps through my veins. She can kill me in seconds, and I haven't had this fear over Halo. She lands on top of me, the long weapon raised to stab my chest. Onix, please don't let her kill me! Please send an arrow through her back!

But it never comes, instead, the fear in me throws myself foward, and now I'm on her. Well Anna, how the turntables?

She knows that she can't survive this. I raise my knife, but I don't see her fingers grasp on a rock that lies a few inches away from her. No, I'm not expecting it at all, when she raises it and knocks it with enough force to make me crumble to the side. Pain erupts through me, white hot pain. My  muscles go weak, and my body refuses to get up. Anna runs out of my reach and out of the area. 

Through the blinding white light, Onix is just standing there, bow raised and loaded. How long was the arrow loaded? She could have saved me. I'm so angry! But right now, I'm too weak to do anything. 

I can see her figure now rushing to my side, grabbing my water flask and pouring some water into my cracked lips. Is this the end? Am I going to die? Kato is watching me now, no doubt. I wonder what's running through his mind. Fear? Sadness? Is he angry? 

Please, I don't want to die. I don't want to die. 

Onix fades out of my sight. No, I don't want to die. Please, don't fade away.

Everything goes black.

A/N Dun Dun Duuuunnnn! I'm sorry for the cliff hanger lol. What do you think will happen to Aspen? Do you think she's dead? Or do you think she'll live? let us know in the comments! Be sure to vote and share!! 

- Ellie and Denver