-Chapter Twenty Four-

He lowers me down back onto the ground, but kisses me one more time before I settle into his arms again. Behind him. My family is all in a huddle watching me with tears in their eyes. I drag Kato along with me to greet them. Of course, I start to cry as I hug each one of them. None of them congratulate me about the games, which makes me happy in some way. My mother is overjoyed, my father is contained, and Liam just smiles. "I'm sorry you had to be put though that torture."

"Not now, Liam." I whisper. "It's not safe here."

"Queen Aspen!" Anastasia calls. "And her family of course! Follow me to the living quarters where you'll be prepared for the interviews!"

"Prepared?" Kato whispers in my ears. "Like meat?"

I laugh out loud, but cover my mouth before anyone can hear it. "You'll get used to it."

As we walk up multiple flights of stairs, the gold accents grown, the number of guards grow. I understand the Queen must be protected, but this is a lot. Right before I wanted to ask, we reached the Queen's quarters.

"Now," Anastasia turns, "the Queen quarters are private. Therefor, only family members are welcome with certain permission. And Aspen, you'll be sleeping here until you're married." She glances at Kato.

"That'll be fine." I detach myself from him, and saunter over to the door. "I'll see your all at the interviews, alright?"

Anastasia brings me into my room, which isn't just a room. It's a series of them, all decorated like crazy. Large windows with flowing curtains, such large beds that over 13 people could sleep comfortably on, dozens of maids rush around the room trying to get it prepared.

"Do you like it?"

"Yes!" I say breathtakingly, spinning around the room. Anastasia smiles, and runs into the large closet doors to pull someone out.

"Lise!" I squeal, embracing the woman in my arms. She's delighted to see me, because for the interviews, multiple dresses, all differently colored, are in her arms. Anastasia waves me goodbye and leaves the room, but Lise tells me that I'm going to be completely waxed, cleaned, and greased before I start trying on the numerous dresses. I nod, and we head into the bathroom where more servants are waiting.

They undress me and send me into the shower quickly, where I am greased down and my hair is washed thoroughly. The spray my body with some sort of vanilla spray, saying that it's the Queens signature scent. Then, they waxed every single piece of hair off my body, and moisturize. It's so painful, and my legs turned so red, they could pass as bleeding. But at least I'm beautiful!

Lise combs through my hair as the servants pull the dead skin off of my nails and paint a clear coat of polish over them. Helen is among the servants, and she starts to lay down my makeup per Lise's instruction. Soon, my eye lids are covered in a sparkly gold, and my lips look a healthy red.

When I look in the mirror, I can see how the arena put an impact on my body. I can count my ribs so easily, and my arms are so thin I can wrap my bony fingers around them with overlapping space. Through the makeup, my cheeks are very holo. But Lise some how covers it up just fine.

The gowns that Lise brought are marvelous. One is golden like the sun, red jewels glowing with every hit of light. One is a midnight blue with purple accents and white diamonds to represent the night sky. There's so many more hidden away in the closet as well.

She picks out a red gown, two straps, tied together by a red thread in the back. I'm wearing a long sleeved white blouse underneath to make me look regal according to Lise. Personally, I don't see it. She ties my hair into a crown style, and then disappears into the closet.

She comes back out holding a small delicate tiara, gemmed with garnets, lined with gold. My mouth hangs open in shock. When she places it onto my head, this feeling of power clouds my body. Energy pumps through my blood.

I am the Queen of Thecia, Queen of all 40 provinces.