-Epilouge-

I'm now standing on the balcony, the sun, thousands and thousands of miles away, is slowly sinking behind the distant lumps of land. The sky is all colors of what happiness looks like to me, pink, yellow, red, orange, even purple. It's so relaxing. Beyond Baez, are the provinces, of course. But which ones? I've never traveled outside of Serenade besides the Crown's Game. I never studied the maps.

I have so much to learn.

That's when I hear the door creak open behind me, but I already know who it is as Kato's arms wrap around me. I sigh, leaning against him.

"Isn't it beautiful?" I say, my voice a small whisper.

"Not as beautiful as home."

He's right. Not as beautiful as home. Close, but no.

Slowly, in the deepest part of the city, the lights start to go out, one by one. My eyes wander past that, to the lumpy hills by the sun. "What's beyond this?"

He shrugs. "Probably the richer provinces. Obviously, Serenade is not near here at all, all the way West. I'd say Goffrid, maybe Trape. I'm not sure."

"It doesn't matter anyway."

And so we turn back to face the sun, almost swallowed below the world. The colors slowly fade away. The stars, the specks of light start to pop up, less at first. Soon, I can make out several constellations. I could see more stars in Serenade, though. So many more.

Then, the memory hits.

Life takes me back to the Selection, where I was sitting with Kato for the last moments, or so I thought. We just sat in silence watching the fluffy clouds cross the blue sky. I miss that.

But now, I need to appreciate the new meaning, my new meaning. This life will be different, and difficult. But, I think I'm ready. I think I can manage.

I think I can manage, as long as I get to stand here in the arms of my fiancé.