-Chapter Twenty-

I'm so tired, so so so tired, but I eyelids refuse to get heavy. There 8 of us left, and it's the last day. My goal here is to go on a killing spree, or whatever it's called, but after Onix died, I don't want to get up at all.

But Aspen, if you want to go home, you have to kill people!

But Aspen, it's what Onix would want you to do!

I roll my eyes and open Onix's pack. She had some good stuff in here, two FULL flasks of water, bag on bags on dried beef, loads of weapons. I dig to the bottom of the bag, and pull out multiple twines. What are these.

I take a closer look, and I see that they're designed with such delicacy, such focus. Each one is twisted and shaped into a certain thing. A maple leaf, an arrow, a tree, a bird, and lastly, an aspen tree.

Now I can see it. My mind takes me back to the moment in the markers, stopping at that pin stands, the girl with black hair and hazel eyes running it. Each pin was hand crafted.

Onix was the girl with the pins.

Why didn't she never tell me? She obviously knew who I was. Why didn't she tell me about her art skill either? So many questions to ask that will never be answered until I'm dead.

I take all the pins and stuff them in my bag, but thats all I take. Then, I stomp out my fire and stand up. Goodbye clearing, good fucking riddance.

I run as fast as I can, stuffing a bunch of knives in my belt as I go. It's so dark that I'm basically stumbling everywhere. There's a lost fear hovering inside of me telling me that the sun will never come out again. I don't doubt that theory, because it's the finale.

I slow down, making sure I don't walk on any branches. The sound of an animal made me panic. I grasp tighter on Onix's bow, and string an arrow.

I can hear I knife whizz by my ear, and it pins into the tree in front of me. I turn around and let the arrow fly without making the choice to think about it. It hits a girl in the head, killing her instantly. I flee.

Come on, Aspen, go to the centre, most people will be there. You can win there, so I bolt through the trees and run up to the tree house. I climb the latter quickly. I need to get a high vantage point so I can strike down my enemies with Onix's arrow's.

Of course, nothing goes to plan. When I'm so high up, the last thing I want to fall. But the knife already has cut through one of the ropes. I scream a short scream, and dangle 40 feet above the ground. I try to hoist myself past the broken rope, but I can't seem to do it. I look behind me, and there she is, Lilah, staring up at me with anger. I try not to panic, and I start climb down again.

I reach the ground, and face Lilah. Her sword is covered in fresh blood. She must've killed at least 2 people. Estimating, that means there's about 5 people left, including me. Four more people until the crown, until Kato.

"You killed my sister." She growls, pulling her sword out of her belt.

"Oh, like you weren't going to!" I mock. "Also, Anastasia ordered me too. I would've let you do it."

A moment of silence sounds before she charges at me, but she stops midway. Her eyes widen and she bolts away. I'm confused? Has a rabid wolf come to attack me or what? I spin around and I see that Anna Moore has her machete raised ready to kill me. I knock an arrow aimed for her heart, but she turns sideways and it punctures her shoulder. She hisses like it's a 3rd degree burn. She yanks the arrows out and throws it to the side, and continues with her manually scheduled program.

As she gets closer, I pull out my knife. If she wants a battle, i'll give her one. I slash at her throat, but she leans back and drives for my stomach. The blade is barely a centimeter away when she gasps. I look at her chest, where Lilah's sword blade is sticking out. Anna falls dead at my feet, and Lilah pulls the sword out.

4 people left now.