-Chapter Twenty Two-

But it never comes. 

Her hand is shaking, she can't seem to do it. I'm not sure why, it doesn't make sense. 

I use my legs to kick her off of me, and she doesn't see it coming. I stand, and prepare for another throw. Yes! I can win now!

She dodges both of next throws, so I better go in with the axe I found next to Afeni. Now, It's close combat. Zara and my blades crash multiple times as we move around the centre. We're both incredibly skilled, because we can't kill each other. She won't be distracted, and neither will I.

Night is falling soon, this isn't good. She can see the panic is my eyes and I can see the panic her eyes. She swings for my legs faster, and I reach for her throat. 

Luckily, the point of the tip just about reaches it, and blood starts to pour. I've done it! Zara starts to cough blood. I throw a knife at her stomach, and it hits perfectly. The ground is now soaked with blood as she lies on the floor almost dead. 

Holy shit. 

Her profile is shown in the sky.

I did it.

I did it. 

I did it.

I did it.

I'm going home.

I'm going home.

I'm going home!

I'm going to Kato!

The trumpets go off, the anthem of Thecia goes off. The sun is shining on the blood soaked ground. And here I am, the winner of the Crown's Game, I am the Queen of Thecia, standing in the middle of a bloody field holding my precious knife. 

I have done it.

Then, my eyes wander to Zara's dead body. Oh my lord, what have I done to her? This beautiful girl is now covered in blood, just like Billi. Just like Onix, just like Katerina. They're all dead because of me. They're all dead just so I can win.

The world starts spinning, and my head hurts so badly. All the thoughts of the death of my friends start to cloud my head. I scream loud, my voice creaking into tears. I hate this. I hate this. I hate this! I fall to my knees, banging my head against the grass. Blood from the ground is coating my head.

The hovercraft sounds behind me, ready to pick me up. No, no, no. I don't want to live in a palace, I just want to go home.

My ears start to ring, and the world goes dark.

A/N thank you for reading our story! It's almost done, we promise! Sorry for the short chapter, it's just because of the online school work we have to do! Be sure to vote, read and share!

-Ellie and Denver

A Crown's Game|✔︎UNDER MAJOR EDITINGOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara