prologue

+

+

Harper Jones and Scott McCall, they were dumb and dumber, thing 1 and thing 2, tom and jerry, batman and robin and all the other iconic duos you could think of. Their mothers were the original duos, Mellissa and Michelle, in high school they literally were M&M, they were popular and everyone wanted to be them, be friends with them or date them. there was no in between.

unlike most girls in high school, they were nice to people and kept the promise of staying friends until the end. they bought houses neighbourhoods away from each other and their children were born a week apart, their friendship was literally fate.

Scott and Harper were the next generation, they knew each other since birth and were forced to be together 24/7, but the two didn't complain, they would happily live with each other if they had the choice.

the two mums were convinced Scott and Harper would get married one day, but the children cringed at the idea, and still do. they are best friends and that's it. well, they were.

after middle school they naturally grew apart, Scott joined the lacrosse team and Harper made knew friends, but they still spoke occasionally. Then, Harpers parents got a divorce, her dad was cheating. Scott immediately went over to harpers house once he found out, Scott had been through a similar thing with his father  so he knew what Harper was going through. Their relationship grew stronger after that since they spent a lot of time together, but Michelle - harpers mum - couldn't stay in their old house, since its where her dad lived. so they had to move. it wasn't too far, just the town over from beacon hills but Harper had to go to a different school.

when she told Scott she was moving, she cried, which caused Scott to cry. It was an un spoken rule, but whenever one cried, so did the other. Michelle spent a lot of time crying to Melissa about the divorce, that was one of the reasons Harper and Scott grew closer. they promised to keep in touch with each other and they did through freshman year, but when they hit sophomore year, they would be lucky to text each other once a week.

꧁꧂

a year had passed, and it was summer break. Harper was sitting in her room, when her mum called her down

"hey mum, what's up?"
"okay so remember our old house back in beacon?"
harper rolled her eyes jokingly "yes mum, I remember it. its only been two years!"
"okay sorry" she laughs but carry's on
"well I spoke to your father, and he's getting re-married" she pauses
"to Emily May"
harper almost choked on her iced coffee "the whore he cheated on you with, the one who caused you two to get divorced, that fucking-"
"harper! language! but yes, the whore he cheated on me with"
"okay damn, but what about it?"
"they're buying a house together, well they have bought a house together. and your father wants to give us the old house-"

before she could finish, harper jumped up.
"we're moving back to beacon?!"
her mum jumps up and they run at each other, both being engulfed in a hug
"we're moving back to beacon!"

꧁꧂

three months ago

stiles sat in the doctors office with his father, his leg was rapidly shaking, and he had his head resting in his hands

"hey" stiles' lifted up his head and his eyes met with his fathers
"you will be okay, whatever the results say, we can work through it, we always do" noah smiles at his son
"thanks dad" stiles raps his arms around his father.

the doctor interrupts the two by opening the door, stiles immediately shoots up.
"w-what is it, what do the results say?" stiles urges, noah practically has to pull the boy back down.

the female doctor sits down behind her desk and sighs.
"your symptoms, the black outs, the sudden change in moods, the amnesia. they're all common signs in dissociative identity disorder" she says.

stiles looks at his father, then looks back to the doctor
"dissoci- what? what is that?" the boy asks

"it's what most people usually confuse as schizophrenia, however you have shown slight signs of schizophrenia, im certain it's dissociative identity disorder- or more commonly known as D.I.D. D.I.D, which was previously known as 'multiple personality disorder' it is a mental disorder characterized by the maintenance of at least two distinct and relatively enduring personality states. This is accompanied by memory gaps beyond what would be explained by ordinary forgetfulness." stiles looks around confused, and runs his hands through his hair, holding back slight tears

"it is usually formed by trauma in a young age- but yours has developed in your teenage years. so the only explanation would be if it was slightly triggered by a traumatic event in your childhood, then ultimately triggered by a more recent traumatic event. stiles, has anything like that happened?" the doctor asks.

stiles lets out a shaky breath
"yeah uh, m-my mom died when i was younger, and my best friend a-alison was murdered" he says

the doctor looks at him with sympathy lacing her eyes "that would explain it" she stands up and collects a few sheets.
"i'm going to give you two a moment alone" and then, she exits

"do you really think it's this disorder, or do you think it's something, supernatural" noah whispers that last part

"honestly dad, i don't know. all i know is that i can still feel the nogitsune somewhere in my mind"

-
DUN DUN DUNNNN
sorry i need to stop doing that- okay so this is the beginning of the story, let me know what you think