10

+

+

skinny love:
(n.) when two people love each other, but they are two shy to admit it, yet show it anyway.

i think that's the only way you can describe stiles and harper's relationship. everyone knows it isn't platonic but the two refuse to actually admit anything.

are they in love? they're only young- and they barley know the definition of the word.

all they know is that, every time harper looks at stiles, it feels like someone is scooping out her heart, but in a good way. or whenever stiles talks to her, he feels his hands go clammy and sweaty.

or when harper goes to sleep, she imagines what it would be like to fall asleep in his arms. and the taste of her will forever linger on stiles' lips.

they kissed twice.
once when they were both intoxicated, but neither regretted it
the other time was sympathy maybe, or maybe they were just caught up in the moment. either way, both enjoyed it, but refused to admit it.

so now, they sat together with the rest of the teenage pack, in the woods, around a fire laughing.

it was like your typical teenage coming of age movie, but none of them complained. because that's all they wanted, to be normal teenagers. no supernatural, just late nights getting home, getting drunk on a school night. typical teenagers.

"we should play seven minutes in heaven" kira suggests
"and what fuck behind a tree?" stiles asked snorting
"hey watch your language there's children around" harper snapped gesturing towards liam.

"i'm not a child" liam grumbles
"what are you 12? you're a child" stiles says
"i'm 14, almost 15" he says quietly
harper 'awhs' and liam sends her a glare, she puts her hands up in defence and liam cracks a small smile

"i don't even know you guys that well! let's do like a questionnaire type thing. let's start with music taste cause this will determine our friendship" harper suggests.

she looks at scott and he thinks for a second
"you already know but twenty on pilots" harper nods and makes eye contact with the rest of the group, signalling for them to say their answers
kira says Ariana grande
lydia says nial horan
malia says she doesn't listen to music

liam says he likes rap and harper wasn't surprised.

harper then glares and stiles and narrows his eyes
"stilinski, the answer to this question will make or break our relationship"

stiles looks slightly scared, but thinks for a while and the whole pack are on edge, because harper was being deadly serious.
"i like a lot of music" he shrugs
"sti that's not an answer."
"fine. i don't really follow artists, but i do particularly like pop punk music and rock. my favourites are my chemical romance, ac/dc, rolling stones, green day, the all american rejects. but i think my all time favourite is blink-182" he answers all in one breath.