Dragon Tracks

It hadn't felt like the three of them had been walking for very long, but before Kakashi knew it, they were already halfway out of the Black Hallows. They had to cut through the Hallows to get to the abandoned demon town of Grimshire. The old town had been abandoned when Zilvandan was formed. Before Zilvandan existed, Grimshire was the Demon capital, however it had to be left behind when the Demon race became too large for the small area. Now Grimshire was a place that only held ancient history. Demon children came here to study and see where their race first began, however it becomes inhabited by dangerous creatures sometimes, so it has to be checked regularly, even though it was an abandoned town.

"Say Obito, when's the last time the guards checked this place anyways?" Kiriwar asked as he glanced around the old town.

"They should have checked it just last week. Nothing was found as far as I know. Everything was still intact, but now something just feels off." Obito replied while glancing around as well.

Kakashi hadn't said anything as he followed behind the two demons. Normally he would be the one leading but he isn't too familiar with this area, so it was better to follow for now. However, something caught his eye that caused him to step away from the two demons. He walked toward something on the ground and slowly lowered himself to get a better view of it. His head instantly tilted to the side. He knew that track, probably better than anyone but he had no idea why he would be seeing one in this general area. Normally these types of creatures don't leave the mountains, especially not after the annihilation of the Dark Elves. If Kakashi were to be honest, he didn't think there were any of these creatures around anymore. He thought for sure they had all perished along with his race. However, Kakashi could tell that this was a fairly fresh print, maybe only a day or two old and there wasn't just one, but several. He could tell that it was the same creature, but it looked as if they were going all over the place.

"Kakashi, what's wrong?" Obito's voice suddenly asked. "What are you looking at?"

Kakashi's gaze shifted back toward the raven, who was surprisingly close to him. His cheeks started to burn, but they were thankfully covered by his mask. He would be rather embarrassed if the raven saw him blushing.

"Well? What are you looking at?" Obito asked again, this time sounding slightly annoyed.

"Oh, ehem... Well these tracks..." Kakashi paused and turned his gaze back to what had caught his attention. "These are dragon tracks...and they're very fresh."

"That's impossible. Last any of us heard, the Dragon Race had been taken out along with your race. Are you one-hundred percent positive these are actually dragon tracks?" Obito asked. The look on his face clearly showed that he didn't believe the gray haired elf but Kakashi only nodded.

"My race had a very special bond with dragons, Obito. One that no other race could ever have or even begin to understand. I know a dragon print when I see one and I know that's what this is. Now help me look around. I think whoever it is may still be around here. They're either lost, or they're injured to the point where they can't get back to the mountains. I need to find them and make sure they're alright." Kakashi replied before he stood himself up and started looking around the abandoned town. If he were to be honest, he didn't care if Obito helped him or not. It was a slim chance that this dragon was still around or even alive, but Kakashi didn't plan on leaving until he found out for sure.

Obito blinked when Kakashi suddenly hurried off to start searching for this so called dragon. Obito had only seen pictures of them in books so he honestly had no idea what he was even looking for. He knew dragons had human forms though so it shouldn't be too hard to find whoever this was. Shaking his head, Obito started searching around as well. The faster he helped, the faster they could get this search over with so they could get out of Grimshire.

Before Obito knew it, he had come across something that looked a lot like blood and there was a trail leading to an abandoned pub. He glanced over his shoulder and called for Kakashi before he made his way toward the somewhat open door. The smell of blood was definitely strong. Whoever or whatever was in there was injured for sure, possibly even dead but he decided not to think that quiet yet. Once Kakashi came over to him, the two of them slowly opened the door and made their way inside. Sure enough, inside on the middle of the floor was a boy who looked to be slightly younger than Kakashi. He had short raven hair that was obviously messy, and a pretty messed up looking body. It looked as if the boy had been in a fight with more than one person. His clothes were torn completely, and there were obvious gashes along his arms and lower abdomen. However, that wasn't what really got Obito's attention. On the boy's back were a pair of black scaled wings that looked as if they had taken some damage as well. Before Obito could say anything, he heard Kakashi gasp loudly.

"Levi!?" Kakashi shouted out. The gray haired male could hardly believe what he was seeing. He had known this boy since he was a child. They grew up together and often trained together before the war had happened. He hadn't seen the other ever since then. Without thinking, Kakashi ran over to the other and knelt down beside him. Thankfully the raven was still alive, but just barely. "Obito! Get me some kind of medical supplies and hurry! We have to patch him up before we lose him!"

Obito didn't even bother to ask any questions. Instead he did as he was told and went off to find Kiriwar so he could get the medical supplies off of the other. As soon as Obito was gone, Kakashi placed a hand on Levi's cheek. He hadn't expected those tracks to belong to his childhood friend, and he especially hadn't expected a sight like this. If they had been any later, he was sure Levi would be dead. His other hand lightly ran across the damaged wings. There was no way he could transform or even fly right now. The damage was too great.

"Hang in there...Once you wake up, I really need you to tell me what you're doing here..." Kakashi muttered softly. He wasn't sure if the raven could hear him or not, but that didn't matter. All that mattered right now was getting the raven bandaged up so he didn't risk dying on them.

((Hello again! I bet you all weren't expecting an update this quickly. WELL to be honest, I felt bad for making everyone wait so long for the last chapter and I felt bad for making my dear friend wait for the Dragon babies to make some sort of appearance! Enter Levi! Well...Kinda. He's out cold right now but don't worry, I'm sure he'll be okay! Anyways, I won't be spoiling anything for the next chapter! I'm glad I got this one out today and I hope you all enjoy it! Stay tuned for the next chapter! Bye for now!

~~ObsidianSprite))