Captured

Kakashi didn't know how long he had been running, but he knew he wouldn't be able to run much longer. He was completely alone now, all of his companions and his lover were all fighting to keep him safe. He really hated that. He didn't want them to go through all this just for him. Sure he wanted answers, but he never wanted any of them to risk dying for his own selfish needs.

He had been so distracted by his thoughts, he ended up tripping over an exposed tree branch. Kakashi let out a yelp as he tumbled down a shallow hill. He hit the bottom and groaned softly. How stupid. He should have been able to avoid that. Pushing himself to his knees, Kakashi placed a hand on his head and stared at the ground under him. Were they okay? Were they even still alive? He really hoped they were.

"Damn..." Kakashi used his other hand to punch the ground. They had all sacrificed themselves just so he could get away from the danger, yet he was sure something was still chasing him.

Slowly, the grey haired male got to his feet. He had to try to keep moving, however when he took a step forward, pain instantly shot up his right leg. He yelped and stumbled, only to catch himself on a tree. That wasn't good. He must have sprained his ankle when he tripped over that branch. It would definitely slow him down now. Clenching his fist tightly, the grey haired male started to limp forward. He had to keep moving.

Hours seemed to pass with nothing but complete silence. The sun was starting to fall behind the trees, meaning Kakashi would have to be even more careful with how he moved around. The pain in his leg was still making itself known, but Kakashi did his best to ignore it. His mind often wandered to the others. Were they okay? Were they still fighting their enemies? Kakashi hoped that they had succeeded, but if they had, wouldn't they have caught up to him by now?

He soon had to stop. He couldn't keep it up anymore. Everything felt as if it were collapsing around him. He fell to his knees once again and covered his face. Obito and the others continued to cross his mind. He would give anything to hear them calling out to him right now. At least then he would know that they were okay.

Silence was soon cut short. Still on his knees, Kakashi's head snapped up when he heard branches breaking from the left side of him. Someone had found him. He was sure they were an enemy too. Forcing himself to get back up, Kakashi prepared himself for what could possibly jump from the bushes at any moment.

"Here he is." A sickenly soft voice spoke. "He tried to give us all the slip." A rougher voice followed soon after. "Mink-san. He's all yours to grab. He's even injured so he can't get very far."

Kakashi bit his lip and carefully stepped backwards, making sure to avoid putting pressure on his right leg. His eyes stayed focused on the bush in front of him. Seconds later, a huge brown wolf emerged from the bushes, his cold, dull looking eyes were looking directly at Kakashi. It was a look that put instant fear in his body. How on earth could he escape this?

"If you try to run away, it's pointless. The others will be catching up soon as well, so even if you were to get away from me, someone else would snatch you right up." Mink's voice was rather deep. It sounded as if he could care less about what he was doing.

Wait, what did he say? The others would be catching up soon? Did that mean what Kakashi thought it meant? His body trembled. Had his friends really been defeated by their enemies? Kakashi shook his head. No, they couldn't have been defeated like that. They were all so strong. Yet, something seemed off about all the Lycans they had faced.

Kakashi didn't want to risk getting captured, not like this. Shaking his head, he turned and ran as fast as he possibly could. He ignored the pain in his leg as much as possible. He just had to get away from this person. He had to get away from them all and find help. His friends could still be alive, and if they were, they were all probably injured badly. They would die if they didn't get any help.

"Oh-there he goes." Zetsu's gentler side spoke. "He won't be getting far. The others are already starting to surround him." Zetsu's darker side spoke up as well. Mink just simply rolled his eyes and ran after the elf. He didn't need to put much effort into the chase. With the injury he had, he knew the elf wouldn't make it too far.

Kakashi continued to run as fast as he possibly could. The pain was getting worse, but he didn't care. He wanted to save his friends. He wanted Obito back by his side. He wanted to get the answers he so badly desired so he could go back home and forget everything, well almost everything.

"Found you!" A voice suddenly shouted out. Kakashi gasped and slid to a stop as a figure dropped down in front of him. It was the blond they had left Kiriwar with. The one known as Gunji gave Kakashi a wicked smile. He was covered in blood and looked as if he had received very few injuries. Not long after Gunji appeared, the rest of the Lycans started appearing as well.

Kakashi soon found himself completely surrounded. He glared toward them all, noticing that they all looked to be in the same state as the first one was. The only one he didn't see quiet yet, was Kisame. Maybe Obito was still managing to hold his own against the bluish Lycan.

"Your luck has finally run out, little elf." A raspy voice spoke from behind the grey haired male. Before Kakashi could even turn around, he was hit in the back of the head. The sudden blow caused the other to fall face first onto the ground. It had almost knocked him out completely, but not quiet.

"That was fun and all, but I think it's time we get him to the boss. We've kept him waiting long enough." One of them spoke. Kakashi wasn't sure which one it had been. Now his vision was starting to fade. Images of each of his friends once again crossed his mind before darkness took over completely.

'I'm so sorry everyone... I failed...'

((Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't updated in like four days! I've been working since I last updated and today I slept a lot because of exhaustion! But I'm glad to finally bring you guys chapter 23! This story has gotten a lot longer than I originally thought, but honestly I'm glad it's still going! I'm really glad to see that it's being enjoyed too! Thank you for all your comments and support throughout this journey! You guys are amazing! Anyways, it looks like things have gotten bad for Kashi! He's been captured! Who knows when he'll be saved! Guess that's something we'll be finding out later on! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! See you next time!

~~Zaylin

New Characters:

Mink: DRAMAtical Murder))