A New Ally

The group of four looked rather surprised. Kakashi had already assumed that this boy would be the one to join them, but he didn't look like much, even though Tsunade claimed he would be very useful. The boy carried a short brown bow and light blue quiver on his back along with what looked like a small silver dagger, which was attached to his hip. As far as his clothing went, he wore a dark blue top with long sleeves, and a pair of slightly lighter blue pants. For shoes, he wore brown boots that stopped just below his knees and on his hands, black fingerless gloves.

This kid definitely didn't look like much at all, but Kakashi wouldn't fully judge him until he saw the other in action. He learned a long time ago to never judge someone based off of their appearance. Kiriwar on the other hand, raised a brow and glanced toward Tsunade.

"I mean no disrespect when I say this, your highness, but are you positive he is the best one you can send with us?" The raven asked. It seemed like he had every intention of disrespect, however Tsunade just smiled toward the demon who questioned her.

"I am completely positive that Aoba will be a perfect ally for you and the rest of your group. Like I said, he may not look like much, but he can be rather dangerous. You'll see what I mean whenever you come in contact with an enemy." She smiled a bit more before she turned toward the blue haired elf. "You'll do just fine, dear. Now go on. They'll take good care of you."

Aoba simply nodded his head and bowed toward the elf Priestess. He gave her one last smile before he made his way over to join the others. He did seem a bit on the nervous side, but that was to be expected since he was leaving his home with a group of complete strangers. The only ones that really peaked his interest were the Dark Elf and the Dragon Boy. The two demons they were with made him slightly uneasy.

Kakashi looked toward Tsunade and gave her a gentle smile as he bowed his head to show his appreciation. Before they left the royal palace completely, Deidara provided them with a couple of extra bags containing food, medical supplies and a few extra things they may need along the way. After saying their goodbyes, the now group of five made their way out of the palace and headed toward the gates that led back into the Moonbright Forest.

"So little blue elf. What exactly can you do?" Kiriwar asked after a while. He was leaning toward Aoba with a curious and rather annoyed expression. To him, this kid seemed like someone who would only slow them all down.

"I'm best at ranged combat like any elf would be, but I can also provide healing and I'm a pretty decent hunter." Aoba shrugged slightly. That wasn't the only thing he had up his sleeve, but it was all he felt he needed to mention for now.

"So you can heal people huh? I guess that would be kind of handy." Kiriwar still wasn't convinced that this kid was worth dragging along though. He didn't think any of them would even need to worry about getting healed.

The short conversation came to an end and the group fell silent once again. For several hours, none of them spoke unless it was to make sure everyone was still around. They had also stopped for a couple small breaks to either eat or catch their breath. It would take about three days to get to Aertas, plus they'd have to cut through the abandoned town of Alnwick. It was once a place where humans and other races thrived together, however the last war had put an end to that, leaving the town completely deserted. Some think it's even haunted, but there hasn't been any proof of that. Just rumors that some kids probably started spreading.

Getting to Alnwick would be rather easy for them. Once they were out of Moonbright, it would be about a day and a half before they would reach the town, and then another day and a half to get to Aertas.

Suddenly, Aoba stopped walking and started glancing around the forest. His sudden halt caused the rest of the group to stop moving around as well. Aoba's brown eyes scanned the bushes and the trees that surrounded them. He was on complete alert. Kakashi thought he had heard something a while ago, but he also thought he was just being paranoid so he didn't say anything.

"What the hell are you stopped for, kid?" Kiriwar asked. He really hated that they were wasting time like this.

"We're being followed. I'm surprised the rest of you hadn't noticed yet." Aoba replied flatly. "It seems to just be one person...and they're definitely a different race..." The blue haired elf turned toward one of the bushes and watched as it started rattling. He quickly pulled his bow from his back, along with an arrow. His eyes suddenly switched colors as well. This often happened whenever danger was near. Aoba's eyes would go from light brown to a beautiful shade of gold that had nothing but danger in them.

"Aoba...your eyes changed..." Kakashi noted as he glanced toward the light elf.

"...That's because I've taken over Aoba's body. You see, I'm a different personality. I come out whenever there's danger that needs to be taken out..." His voice was slightly different as well. It sounded a bit deeper and rather unamused. "My name is Sly... Now step back. We're about to have a fight on our hands."

Kakashi hesitated, but stepped back slightly. This must have been what Tsunade was talking about. Aoba had a completely different energy about him now that this other personality had come out. It was an energy Kakashi didn't like too much, but it seemed that this other side of Aoba was still on their side at the very least.

The bush shook once again, earning everyone's attention. They all braced themselves for what was about to come out and face them.

((Hey all. So it's like 3AM and I can't sleep at all XD So I decided to get another chapter out! I'm really glad I could update this twice in a row! I hope everyone is enjoying the chapters and characters! Anyways, I'll probably sleep soon so I hope everyone has a great day/afternoon/evening! Thank you for reading and I'll see you in the next update!

~~Zaylin))