chapter 7 : captured in the dark

Jazz inhale the air slowly into her lung as her mind begin to calm down from over-thinking about her still-missing little brother.

Slowly and steady she exhales.

Sharp eyes examine the still body in front of her. Delicate arms gradually lift the unconscious little fighter into her warm embrace. Like a baby, she holds him extremely careful throughout the walk to her bed.

She tried not to put more pressures on the injuries that she gave to the poor youth. The walk was short as the range of the cage from her bed is not too long.

She carefully put the boy on her bed and begins to cut the boy's suit with a scissor she got from a drawer under her bed. Wise eyes examine the damaged on the lithe body.

Sigh.

She needs to stock up her emergency kit after she is done treating the boy.

Out of sudden, an idea came up to her mind.

A smirk made its way upon her face.

=========================================
The justice league was in turmoil. One by one of their sidekicks were going missing mysteriously. Only a note in every bedroom of their missing sidekicks gave them a clue about their circumstance.

On the note, it says :

Well well Justice League, I want to say that I am a bit disappointed on your ability to defend and protect your owns. I effortlessly took out and caged all of your sidekicks here in my hideout. Too easy. You all need an upgrade. A better one. How could a delicate girl like me kidnap them and took them out easily?

Anyway, I need your help. No. Your cooperation. I need you to collaborate with me to find someone important to me. A dear brother of mine. I want you to find him.

Trust me, the police are of no help. No government forces want to help me. I know that they can't do it. But I know you can do it.

Come to my hideout today with the motive to cooperate with me.

I would expect a good outcome from this message. If you don't, I can't promise anything with all of your little sidekicks.

Dearly,

Your very own mastermind.

There is a coordinate on the note locating where was the kidnapper and their children are right now.

The missing children actually were the Teen Titans and some of the Young Justice members.

Certainty, they feared the worse because whoever kidnapped their sidekicks is strong and powerful if she could effortlessly take them out and kidnapped them.

They hope that the children are alright.

=========================================

Connor Kent wakes up inside a pod filled with unknown purple glowing fluids. There is an oxygen mask on his face providing him all the needed oxygen to him to breath.

Something is wrong. He moves his hands but promptly finds out that his hands are chained to the base of the pod. Somehow, he felt too weak.

As he slowly comes to awareness, he finds himself attached to several wires and tubes.

Is he back again in the lab?

How.

And why?

Who did this?

The last thing he remembers was that he was on his way home.

"Oh. It seems you are awake. My, my, you do have stunningly beautiful blue eyes. Just like him." A voice caught his attention.

Someone, no, a teenage girl came into his view. The girl was a bit shorter than him. Maybe shorter around 2 to 5 centimetre.

She has gingered long flowy straight hair, creamy peach skin, a lithe but build body and purple eyes. She is wearing a plain soft blue shirt with a white pant and plain black shoes.

She was smiling brightly.

"You nearly look like him! Don't worry about this procedure. I just want to help you and save you from cloning degeneration. I want to help you like how he helps his clone. But yours a bit complicated. People may think the horrible side of this procedure and experiment but I am an optimist. Don't be afraid about this alright? Good." She said to him like this was nothing new to her.

Before he could utter any word, she pushes a blue button on the nearby control panel. Oxygen is replaced with another gas.

Black dots overthrow his visions and soon, he succumbs into the darkness.

"You don't need to be afraid because you will not be awake during the process. There would be no pain when I played a bit with your DNA structure and other things. Sweet dreams!"

That was all he heard from her.

=========================================

Damian Wayne finds himself chained to a comfy bed. The realization hit him hard. He was captured and the girl, Jazz, managed to immobilize him.

An expletive came out from his mouth.

It seems Jazz find it reasonable to collar his neck and chained both his arms and legs. There was nothing he could do. He can't move more than an inch off the bed. All he could do now was lying on it. 

Another thing that causes panic to swell up in his chest is that uniform robin suit and mask are gone replaced with a plain large white shirt with a red oval in the middle and large black pant.

It seems that the injuries that he receives from her have been treated well and in addition, his hair now is messy and bangs nearly covered the right side of his eye.

"Oh! You awake! We can't have that when I am doing a traumatic procedure on someone else!"

Jazz stood on the open doorway with a soft smile displayed on her face.

She walks towards him making his body tense up.

She cooed.

"No worries baby boy. It won't hurt too much."

There is a needle filled with the same liquid that knocks him out recently in her hand. He begins to thrash against his bonds.

"Tut tut. No need for that child."

She hold his left arm harshly and stabbed the needle in. The liquid begins infiltrating his blood vessel and again, the world drifts off to darkness.

"Sweet dreams Damian."