17 | Thirst

Gigi's heart sank to see her marriage with Cal didn't show immediate progress even after she impressed him with her fashion moment. That she wouldn't be seeing him visit her chambers anytime soon. Though their relationship had doubtlessly improved, the intimate aspects of their marriage were still awfully neglected. And her daydreams, no matter how detailed and vivid they were, might never cease to be fantasies.

How long had it been since they married; since their wedding night? How many times would a normal married couple have made love during that period of time? And if she got it right, he appeared to be enjoying himself that night. Even if he didn't want more children, she was willing to discuss methods of prevention. As his wife, shouldn't she have the right?

Closing her eyes, she could only reminisce on the blurry memories of that night. The feel of his heated skin against hers, his lustful fiery gaze, the sound of his ragged breathing, the pressure of his weight above her, his powerful thrusts, his taste on her tongue...

Gigi merely wished to be held again.

She had limited the visiting hours to Wednesday and Friday, for although she tried to receive more engagements in hope of paying a greater service to the people, it left her overwhelmed and barely feeling like herself. Knowing the influence she had over them, she paid more caution to what she said or did.

On the other hand, she became even more daring in wearing Prajan garments. Not only in the material but also in design; as evident by the design of her two-piece dress.

"How is His Majesty doing? As newlyweds you must spend a lot of time together," the red-haired noblewoman said with a giggle. "As a bachelor, he was quite the ladies' charmer."

"His Majesty is doing fine. Our married life has never been better." Gigi kept the smile on her face, trying so hard not to sound bitter.

"It's good to see that His Majesty's got someone who genuinely cares about him. Unlike—" said the black-haired lady before being elbowed by her blonde friend.

Unlike whom? Do enlighten me, Gigi thought inwardly as she just stared at them, acting clueless.

"U-Unlike— um, Unlike..." she stuttered. "...Unlike my husband! I mean—he's barely ever home these days, being in the parliament. It's the summer, for goodness' sake!"

The other noblewomen nodded furiously, either fully agreeing with her or trying to cover it up.

"That's one of the Emperor's concerns lately, something about the parliament has made him overworked himself." Gigi faked a sad sigh. "I've been so lonely while he's at work, but what can I do?"

One of her handmaidens came over to inform Gigi that Junior was returning from class, so Gigi excused herself to check on him.

"Way to go, Eliza, bringing up that freak in front of the Empress!" she muttered under her breath.

"I am so sorry, Carol! But at least... I didn't say her name."

"...Isleen Corodi?"

The other two gawked. "Miranda, how could you!"

"What?" Miranda shrugged, not knowing that Gigi could hear them from the other side of the wall. "She's as good as never existed."

***

The sun was still up on the horizon as Cal came to join them from his audience with the Prime Minister the following week, scooping Junior into his arms and showering his face with kisses.

Gigi rose to approach him. "Finished early, Sire?"

"The parliament finally took my counsel for the new bill." Grinning, he put his son back on the ground. "Strange, they were so persistent just a week ago."

"Well, when you've got the wives' ears, you'll have their husbands' too." Gigi winked; it was another artful skill her mother taught her. Who said reigning over the women didn't require manoeuvres?

"No..." The air in his face gradually changed as he put the pieces together. "This isn't your doing, is it?"

"I just got lucky," she giggled. His fingers stroked through her hair, his gaze locked with hers like when they were about to kiss in the field. As he leaned closer, she waited anxiously for his lips to meet hers before they finally landed on her head.

Not missing the opportunity to return the kiss, Gigi's lips came to touch nothing but thin air even when she was already on her toes. Cal stifled a chuckle, and she felt awfully pissed with herself.

"Great. I'm off to dress for dinner," Cal grinned as he walked off.

"You should have let him pick you up, you know," Gigi snapped out of her trance, hearing Junior snicker at her. "That's what I always do, for being too short to kiss Papa." The boy turned on his heels and ran off.

"J-Junior..." Burning with embarrassment, she aggressively chased after him. "Junior! I will not lend you my new encyclopedia of prehistoric sharks!"

Later that night, the two of them sat together after escorting Junior to bed. Although she could no longer expect to enjoy some grown-up time, even in his son's absence, Gigi still cherished every moment that she spent alone with him.

"I have to tell you, I'm going to lead our armed forces to go on a mission somewhere in the near future. I'm leaving the state affairs in your capable hands," Cal said, sipping his martini.

"An armed mission? May I know what it is?" Gigi tilted her head, concerned. "Are you going to be away for three years as well, like your father?"

"I sure hope not. The plan is still in formation, but I'll let you know when it goes into motion." He handed her a drink. "May I ask you an enormous favour? My birthday is coming near and I wonder if you could dress me up for the occasion."

"Me? I don't think I'm qualified."

His brow creased at her response. "Says the person who revolutionized fashion. I sense that my wardrobe is lacking, Gi. There's only a good bunch of black in that pile, and I'd never realized before I saw you and your beautiful, rich-coloured fabric. I'd like you to pick a colour to wear on my birthday."

Gigi never had any problems with his attire so far, she found him most alluring in black. That colour only enhanced the magnetism of his charisma. "If that's what you want, I'd be happy to help."

"And please don't make it green, I shouldn't have to wear our family crest every second of the day."

"Coloured fabrics, no black or green; understood."

"Ace." Downing his glass, the olives slipped off his hands and onto the ground. "Oh, shite."​​

As he bent over the floor, Gigi's eyes serendipitously landed where they ought not to be. The most perfect, beautiful rump of flesh she had ever laid her eyes on. It was so shapely; impossibly round and firm.

"So," the owner of the perky mounds asked. "Shall we get some more drinks?"

"Please do," she gulped. "I am very thirsty."

.·。.·゜·༺♥༻ ·゜·。.

DUN DUN DUUNNNN!!!

I have just released a Parody Book for TSE

I have just released a Parody Book for TSE. You can find it on the list of my published books! The Author just has to get ahold of Junior's cult--I mean fandom before it gets out of hand 🤣 🤣 🤣