Reunion

Chapter four: Reunion (Jacob's POV)

We walked up her driveway and to the door as a car pulled up in front of the house. We turned around in confusion to see Julia and Noah.

He got out of the driver's seat and ran over to the passenger's side to get the door for Julia. She stepped out and kissed him.

I did not want to see that happen but alright.

"Bye," she smiled.

"Bye," he leaned against his car, watching her walk away. He saw me and straightened up while Julia froze.

"Hey," I nodded at him.

He walked up to me and we did the guy handshake nod thing. I'm a guy and even I don't know what to call it. "So you're sticking around this time?" he asked me while Julia and Mads went inside.

"Planning to," I replied.

"Are you cool with..." he trailed off.

"Yeah, it's cool," I nodded. "Take care of her," I gave him a pointed look.

He nodded and we said bye before I went back inside.

"Had your little reunion?" Mads teased as I walked in through the door.

"Mm-hmm," I nodded while walking over to her.

She was eating ice cream at the kitchen counter. I grabbed a spoon from the drawer and took a spoonful from her ice cream. "Hey! Get your own!" she nudged me before walking up the stairs and into her room.

I chuckled while leaving the spoon in the sink before going back up there to bother her. I've always had a fun time annoying her, literally since we were little kids. She gets annoyed pretty easily for the most part and watching her riled up makes me laugh.

I used to like her. Then I figured out that she hated me so I started annoying her more and more and look at us now. At first, when I started annoying her, it was an excuse to spend time with her and try getting her to like me, which was mainly from ages twelve to fourteen.

Before that, I used to annoy her because she was friends with Julia and would always come over and they would be super loud, which was from ages six to ten. Now we're here. I'm seventeen, she's sixteen. I just turned a month ago on thirteenth April.

I opened her door and sat beside her on her bed.

She rolled her eyes and turned to me. "What?" she huffed.

"I didn't say anything," I shrugged.

"No, you just came here and sat on my bed. What is it?" she asked while placing the now-empty bowl of ice cream on her nightstand.

"Are you gonna give that last room to someone?" I asked out of curiosity.

"It's a guest room. If any of us bring people over, they can stay there if they're not sharing a room," she shrugged while closing her laptop and placing it on the carpeted floor.

"What if someone has their girlfriend or boyfriend move in?" I arched an eyebrow at her.

"If you're talking about Riley," she turned to me, "They already tried. Her parents didn't agree, they think she's too young," she rolled her eyes.

"You don't," I stated.

"No, they're both eighteen, she's an adult," she shrugged.

"Would you want her living here?" I questioned.

"I wouldn't care, she practically lives here anyway, she stays the nights and spends the days here all the time," she replied.

"Hmm," I said absentmindedly while staring at her.