First date

Chapter nineteen: First date (Madison's POV)

I woke up the next morning feeling like shit. Nick got pretty upset last night not at the fact that we liked each other, but at the fact that I didn't tell him. He still agreed to hang out with Jacob and give him a chance. After that, he left and then a few minutes after that, Jacob did too. I felt horrible for not telling him. 

I woke up and freshened up before going downstairs to make myself tea. I was making tea when Jacob came downstairs while rubbing his eyes. "Hey," I greeted while adding sugar. 

"Hi," he came and stood next to me with a sigh. "You okay?" he asked while making himself a coffee. 

"Yeah, I'm okay," I nodded with a sigh. 

He kissed the side of my head before grabbing his cup and standing beside me, mirroring my actions as I drank tea and he drank coffee. We were standing there and talking when Nick came downstairs. "Hey," he greeted both of us. 

"Hey," we replied in sync. 

"Jacob, do you wanna come to the park with me today? I'm taking Riley's cousin for soccer practice. Wanna come?" Nick offered. 

He still doesn't know Jacob was in the bathroom last night. 

"Sure, what time?" Jacob asked. It was currently nine-thirty am. 

"He has practice from ten to eleven," Nick replied. "See you then?" he asked. 

"Yeah, see you then," Jacob nodded while Nick grabbed his coffee and went back to his room. The front door opened and Riley walked in. She even had a spare key, she might as well move in here. I wouldn't mind. 

"Is he up?" she asked while giving me a side hug and a nod to Jacob. 

"Just took his coffee," I answered. 

She went upstairs, straight into Nick's room. 

"Have fun," I patted Jacob's shoulder before heading up to my room to lounge around and do nothing in particular. I heard him following me up the stairs but I didn't say or do anything. I went and placed my cup on my nightstand and turned to face him. "You're following me up here because?" I asked while making my bed. 

"Because I want to spend my final moments with you before your brother kills me," he pulled me down on the bed instead of letting me make it. 

"He's not going to kill you," I rolled my eyes, "You guys are friends, come on," I tried getting out of his grip but it wasn't exactly working. 

"What are you doing today?" he asked.

"Binge-watching High School Musical The Musical The Series. Again," I replied. 

Joshua Bassett is everything a girl can ask for. He is gorgeous and not to mention my lock screen. 

"Remind me how many times you've watched that?" he asked as I stood up. 

"More than you can count," I pushed him off the bed and began making it. 

He sat up on the floor, his head popping up. "After your brother kills me and you binge-watch the show just to see Joshua Bassett," he stood up with a huff. "Can I take you out?" 

And I dropped the pillow. 

I quickly picked it up and turned to him. "What?" I asked in confusion. 

"Can I take you out?" he repeated with a chuckle. 

"Wh-where?" I stuttered. 

"You feel like going ice skating?" he inquired. "They have a photo booth there and everything. It'll be fun," he shrugged.