Basorexia

Chapter twelve: Basorexia (Jacob's POV)

We all came back starving, annoyed, tired and sweaty from that stupid hike. There is seriously something wrong with Julia. Who hikes at noon? Everyone hit the showers first, Riley, Nick, and Noah taking turns in Julia's and Nick's bathrooms. I was first to come out of the shower so I got to cooking. 

I was planning on only cooking for myself but while I was cooking some spaghetti, Mads came downstairs. She was in her pajamas, looking tired as hell with her damp her in a braid. She opened the pantry and grabbed the Oreos. She had a few before putting them back and sitting on the barstool at the counter. I knew she wasn't going to ask so I just made some for her too. 

I grabbed two plates, putting some in her plate for her before handing it to her, then filling up mine. "Thank you," she smiled while opening the fridge and pouring two glasses of iced tea. She handed one to me and we moved to the couch to eat while watching a movie. She grabbed the remote and played Now You See Me 2. 

"Guys, we're watching a movie!" she called out to the others. 

And here I thought we could have dinner together. 

Everyone joined in, shooting me daggers for not making them dinner too before they just ordered pizza. We all ate and watched the movie, and then Mads went to do her dishes and I went after her. While I was doing my dishes, she came back to get herself some ice cream. 

"Want some?" she asked while opening the freezer. 

"I'm good," I replied while rinsing my hands. We were all dead tired and went to our rooms to sleep right after the movie ended. Mads went into the backyard. 

That girl never sleeps. 

I went up to my room, aiming to get to bed, collapsing on my pillows as soon I entered my room. 

Fuck hikes. 

~~~~~ 

It was the middle of the night and I kept tossing and turning. I was tired but not quite sleepy. So I stood up and went into the backyard, not expecting Mads to still be there. She was having more ice cream. 

"You eat way too much ice cream, you're gonna like, I don't know, get diabetes or something," I took it away from her and had it myself. 

"Are you calling me fat?" she glared. 

"No, don't try that with me," I shook my head. 

She shrugged before laying down on her hammock, staring at the sky. "You know, when we visited you in New York, I so desperately wanted to smack you across the face," she blurted out of nowhere. 

"Why?" I chuckled while putting the empty bowl on the ground for now. 

"Because how can you be so stupid to land yourself in a boarding school in New York?" she turned to me with disbelief and confusion. 

"I crashed the car," I shrugged. 

"You definitely did something else. You've done way worse than crashing your parents' car, there's no way that's what they sent you to boarding school for. They probably found out something you did earlier," she guessed. 

And she was right. They didn't send me just because of the car. "Okay," I walked over and lay beside her. She almost pushed me off but I gave her a pointed look. "Do you wanna know or not?" And that shut her up. 

"First, I came home drunk a couple of nights in a row, they warned me but didn't get too mad. Then um- I started pulling pranks on everyone at home. I put baby powder in Julia's hairdryer, I sticky noted my dad's office, I put hair dye in my mom's shampoo."