Bad influence

Chapter eighteen: Bad influence (Madison's POV)

"Hey," I sighed while walking in, grabbing myself a water bottle. 

"Hey," Riley sang while walking up to me. "Where'd you two go?" she nudged my shoulder with hers. 

"To get him a summer job. He got himself two but not so luckily for me, he got me another one," I huffed. 

"Where?" she laughed. 

"He joined the library with me, and made me join the cafe with him," I rolled my eyes. 

"Power Inn?" she asked and I nodded in response. "You two work together now, what a cute cou-" I smacked her from the back of my hand when I saw Julia coming out of her room. "Hey!" we said in sync while smiling at her. 

"Hi?" she said in confusion before grabbing a glass of water and going back to her room. Riley and I turned to each other, sighing in relief when she was out of range. 

"Come with me," I pulled her up to my room. 

"Have you guys kissed since then?" she asked as we sat on my bed. 

"No," I sighed, "And I don't know if we should until I talk to Julia," I admitted. 

"Are you crazy?" She looked at me like I grew two heads. "You are not doing that! I am not letting you do that! Madison, he likes you! After so long you've finally found a guy that meets every point of your checklist. He's nice, sweet, caring, funny, he knows you well, you're comfortable with each other, he's perfect for you." 

I sighed and fell into thought. I lay back and whined as my head hit the pillow. "Riley, what the hell do I do? She's important to me," I huffed. 

"Isn't he? She's making this harder for you and he's trying to help. What would you rather it be? I know you don't wanna choose and I know this sucks, but if it comes down to it, do you know who would choose?" she asked hesitantly. 

I know that they both mean a lot to me but I don't know who I would choose. Do I? 

"You don't have to tell me right now if you don't know it then just take a while to-" 

I cut her off, "I would choose him," I blurted out before I could comprehend. "If it ever came down to it, I would choose him," I sighed. 

"Then you have your answer," she smiled slightly. There was a knock at my door before it opened slightly, Jacob's head peeking in. 

"Hi," he smiled a little while walking in. 

"Hey," I sat up with a small smile. 

"Wanna hang out?" he asked. I glanced at Riley and she smirked before getting up and leaving. 

"Sure, what's up?" I asked as he sat beside me. 

"I'm bored," he huffed while lying down. 

"Me too," I mimicked his actions while turning to face him as he did the same. 

"Let's kiss," he said excitedly. 

"Jacob," I scolded. 

"What?" he pouted. 

"Your sister is very upset with us," I pointed out. 

"So? She's dating my best friend, I'm not mad," he shrugged. 

"Yeah, but that's..." I trailed off when my thoughts clicked into place. "Not different at all," I mumbled. Something clicked in us and we both sat up instantly.