Moving out

Chapter twenty-five: Moving out (Madison's POV)

I fell asleep while waiting for Jacob to come back but I don't remember if he did. When I woke up to an empty bed, I figured he didn't. I freshened up and went downstairs to let Charlie out. 

Nick was coming downstairs when I stopped him. "Hey, Charlie's in the backyard can you watch him for a minute? I have to go talk to Jacob," I requested. 

"Sure," he shrugged before passing me and going into the backyard while I went upstairs. 

I went up to his room to see him up and coming out of his bathroom. "Hey," I said while walking in. 

"Hey," he answered shortly. 

"Where'd you go last night?" I asked in confusion. 

"My dad called," he replied vaguely. 

"And?" I asked hesitantly. 

"It's nothing, forget about it," he waved his hand dismissively. 

I looked at him suspiciously while he threw a shirt on. There was something he wasn't telling me. "I'm just gonna wait until you're willing to tell me," I sighed while turning back around to leave but I halted. 

"Madison," he sighed. 

Uh oh. 

"There's something I need to tell you." 

Yeah, no shit. 

"What's up?" I asked while walking over and standing in front of him. 

"When my dad called, he asked me what happened with Julia," he huffed. 

"Sh-she told your dad?" I scoffed slightly. 

What are we five? Complaining about our fights? 

"Yeah, she did and she also told him that she's moving out. So..." he trailed off. 

"So?" I pressed further. 

"He wants me moving back home with her," he sighed in defeat. 

"I-I'm sorry, what?" I asked in disbelief. 

"I know that she's not a kid and I don't know why my parents won't understand that, but since I'm the 'older' brother," he put air quotes, "I have to take care of her." 

I stood there comprehending it. "You're older by fifteen minutes and she's not a child," I chuckled humorlessly. 

"I know," he nodded. 

"Well, are you leaving?" I questioned. 

"I have to," he replied. 

"Did you try talking your way out of it?" I asked. 

"I can't talk my way out of this," he scoffed. "I knew she was gonna do something," he huffed while grabbing his bag and beginning to throw clothes in it. 

"Whoa, what are you doing?" I stopped him. 

"I'm packing, Mads. I have to leave," he sighed. 

"T-today?" I stuttered. 

"I'm supposed to leave with her after she comes and gets her things," he explained. 

"Jacob, you can't leave," I threw his bag on the floor and sat him down on the bed. "No, no, no, you can't leave," I grabbed his arm, sitting beside him when he stood up again. 

He kept trying to stand up and I was getting frustrated because he didn't even try to stay. 

"Jacob!" I snapped, pulling him down. "You are not moving out," I huffed.