Movie marathon

Chapter twenty-three: Movie marathon (Madison's POV)

I woke up to whining. Of course, I woke up to whining, I just brought a puppy home. I groaned and turned to my right side, opening my eyes and there he was, staring up at me innocently. "Come on," I patted the floor. He ran on over and I pulled him onto the bed. I turned back over and put him in the middle before falling off out of fear and surprise. "Ow," I winced. 

I looked up to see Charlie and Jacob peering over the edge of the bed. "What?" Jacob asked while rubbing his eyes, waking himself up. 

"Y-you slept here?!" I stood up and smacked his head with a pillow. 

"Ow! Madison, it's early," he grabbed Charlie and cuddled with him. 

"Hey!" I grabbed Charlie and held him to me, smacking Jacob with that pillow a few times. "You are not allowed to spend the nights here in my room!" I put Charlie on the bed. 

"Okay, sorry. I fell asleep while we were up all night making sure he was okay," he lay back down. "This is your fault, buddy," he looked at Charlie. "What time is it?" he groaned. I checked my phone. 

"Six-forty-fucking-five," I fell back onto the bed. 

"Night," he mumbled. 

"Night." 

And then four hours later, we woke up. Once again, to whining. I was the first one to wake up. Again. I looked down and there he was on the floor again. I groaned before pushing Jacob off the bed. 

"Jesus!" he shouted. 

"Relax, you didn't break a bone. Who told you to put him on the floor?" I threw a pillow at him. 

"He was gonna jump," he huffed before crawling back on. I reached out and picked him back up. "You're a handful, big guy," I huffed before getting up and placing him on top of Jacob before throwing my hair up in a bun and going into the bathroom to freshen up. I came back out and Jacob was barely awake. He stayed up a little longer than I did. 

"Hello baby," I picked Charlie up, kissing him all over. 

"I don't even get one," Jacob scoffed. 

"Get up, brush your teeth, and freshen up," I kissed his cheek before taking Charlie downstairs with me. I let him roam around a little bit before taking my tea and taking him to the backyard to do his business. "Come on, baby," I held the door open and he ran over but stopped at the steps. "Come on, come on, come on," I urged. 

One paw at a time, he finally got there. I laughed as he followed me around the house. I sat on the couch, pulling him in my lap while Jacob came downstairs while talking to Nick. 

"I said it's fine," Nick shrugged. 

"You can't live with a dog and not like it," Jacob pushed Nick over to me. He sat beside me with a huff. He doesn't hate dogs, he's not scared of them, he just doesn't really care for pampering animals. 

"Well, here you go," I put Charlier in Nick's lap before going over to Jacob. 

He huffed while looking down at him weirdly. "Nice to meet you," Nick nodded. 

Jacob and I laughed before turning to each other. "Morning," I smile. 

"Morning," he leaned in but I dodged it. 

"I'm having tea," I held up the cup. 

"So?" he took the cup before pulling me by my waist and kissing me. We were standing there talking and observing Nick as he slowly fell in love with Charlie when Riley came downstairs. She walked right over to Nick and rested her head on his shoulder, taking Charlie and cuddling with him.