Chapter 29: Surprises

Taehyung and Jungkook were both wearing graduation gowns and have their toga. Their graduation finally came, this day, they finally reached it together.

They were standing while holding their hands. A big smile was plastered on their lips while listening to the ceremony.

"Let's give a loud applause for the valedictorian of this Cheong-ha University, Park Jimin." Their principal announced.

"Yoohoo!" Taehyung yelled while clapping his hand.

He was glad that he was with him while reaching his achievement. His smile widened when he saw those medals on Jimin's neck. He was really proud of him.

"For everyone who's graduating, congratulation!" Their principal screamed.

Those students threw their hats off.

"Taehyungie!" Jimin yelled running towards him.

Taehyung lunged at him which Jimin easily caught.

"We did it, hyungie!" Taehyung cackled.

Jimin set him down while holding their hands.

"Finally! We did it together, this is what we both waiting for. We reached it!" Jimin giggled hugging Taehyung tightly.

"I'm so proud of you, hyung, you did what you worked for so long. You're valedictorian, you're amazing, hyung." Taehyung uttered proudly.

"You're proud of me but beware of behind you, I can feel the death stares from a bunny." Jimin said pointing to Jungkook with his pouty lips.

Taehyung looked behind him, he saw Jungkook glaring at them while rolling his tongue in his cheeks.

"That's okay, hyung, look behind you too." Taehyung uttered.

Jimin looked behind him, Yoongi was standing there wearing a white turtle neck, black blazer, and black pants. He was holding a red bouquet of roses with the pink wrapper.

He looks like a handsome ideal professor with those glasses. He looked at Jimin's way and he smiled. Jimin didn't expect Yoongi will come to his graduation. Yoongi waved to him and suddenly, the students followed where he was looking and they move aside.

Yoongi walk to the middle like he was walking on the red carpet until he was in front of Jimin.

"For you." Yoongi said extending his hand with the flower.

Jimin shyly accepted the flower.

"What was this for?" Jimin asked gazing at Yoongi.

"My small congratulation gift for you. I was about to buy a ring for you but I guess it's not a perfect time yet." Yoongi replied.

A blush crept on Jimin's cheeks, his cheeks hurt for smiling so long.

"Tuh-thank you for this." Jimin stuttered.

"You're welcome, don't worry, next time I'll buy something special. For now, appreciate it." Yoongi smiled.

"Sure." Jimin giggled.

"Shall we go together? I will treat you." Yoongi said and showed his hand.

Jimin looked back at Taehyung who nodded his head.

"Alright, I'll come." Jimin said and accepted Yoongi's hand.

"You'll enjoy this day." Yoongi winked.

Jimin just smiled, Yoongi dragged him out of the University.

"I never thought that hyung was such a sweet guy." Taehyung uttered admiring Yoongi and Jimin.

"Same thought too, I thought he'll be single forever." Jungkook chuckled.

"What about you? Don't you have surprises for me?" Taehyung asked facing him.

"I don't know?" Jungkook responded shrugging off his shoulder.

"Seriously?" Taehyung pouted.

Jungkook giggled, he cupped Taehyung's bread cheeks and pecked his lips.

"I'm just kidding, come on and follow me. I will take you on a date." Jungkook winked at him.

He held Taehyung's hand and dragged him out of the University.

"Get inside." Jungkook said when he opened the door car for Taehyung.

Taehyung got inside and Jungkook followed after him.

"Be ready" Jungkook grinned and he started the engine.

He drove away, Taehyung intertwined their fingers. They were jamming through the song while driving.

"We're here now." Jungkook uttered when they arrived in front of the restaurant.

He opened the door car for Taehyung once again and help him to get out of the car. He held Taehyung's hand and pulled him inside the restaurant.

"Congratulations!"

Taehyung flinched due to sudden surprise. He saw his parents and also Jungkook's friends were inside the restaurant while throwing confetti for them. Jimin was also in the restaurant which made Taehyung feel overwhelmed.

He glance at Jungkook who simply smiled at him and patted his back telling him to go.

"Congrats, my big baby bear!" His mother greeted and hugged him tightly.

"You did a very good job, son." His father compliments him.

"Thank you, mom and dad. I'm sorry, I'm not in the first place. I'm just in 10th place." Taehyung muttered.

"Why are you thinking about that? It's fine, don't say it JUST 10th place. You work hard for that and you're still part of the top 10. There's nothing to be sorry about, I'm so proud of you." His mother cheered him up.

Tears started to fall on Taehyung's eyes, he didn't expect they will appreciate it. He hugged her tightly once again.

"Don't cry baby, you deserve it. You did your best, we're so lucky to have you." His mother smiled caressing his back.

"Stop this drama, we should be happy. Let's celebrate this graduation." His dad said ruffling Taehyung's hair.

"Good job, Jungkook, I didn't expect that you're in second place." Jin sneered.

"That's what happens when he has an inspiration." Namjoon snickered.

"Of course, I need to prove to him I'm worthy, I don't want him to regret accepting me." Jungkook smiled.

"He changed you, I'm glad for you." Jin uttered ruffling Jungkook's hair.

"Jungkook."

Jungkook looked at that voice and saw his parents.

"Such a good result, I'm expecting you'll be no.1 but still, you're nice for getting the second place." His mom uttered.

"Thanks." Jungkook responds with a hint of nervousness in his tone.

"You got a beautiful boy." His mom added.

"I know." Jungkook grinned.

"Congrats." His mother smiled.

She left and talk with Taehyung's mother. Jungkook sighed in relief.

"Wow that is so tense I thought she will say something worse. I'm nervous." Jin muttered.

"I was expecting she will bad-mouth Taehyung, but I guess no one really can resist Taehyung." Namjoon uttered.

Jungkook nervousness calms down knowing that his mother doesn't hate Taehyung.