chapter five

Jialia's POV

I exit the storage room in anger walking back to the front of the cafe. I can hear Xiaojun's footsteps following me.

"Let me fulfill my role as a father. I don't want my son to grow up without a father any longer." Xiaojun desperately says which makes me stop walking.

Thank god that the cafe is closed now. That there are no customers in the cafe.

"He was able to grow up 4 years without a father. I'm sure he will be able to grow up the rest of his life without a father." I turn around and say in anger.

"You really think that our son can grow up without a father?" Xiaojun comes closer towards me and asks. "When was the last time he asked for his father?"

"He never asked for his father! Having me, his mother is good enough for him." I lie knowing that a couple nights ago, Jian did ask for his father.

"I don't believe that a child will never ask for their other parent. I'm sure that every single parent has had a moment when their child has asked them for their other parent." Xiaojun changes his tone,  sounding a bit angry.

"It's up to you if you want to believe it or not. Jian has never asked about you." I lie looking deeply into his eyes.

Xiaojun keeps quite while making eye contact with me.

"I don't want you to fulfill your role as a father. I'd rather have everything the same way it was before we've met. I'll raise Jian up myself and you can continue your work in the light. We don't have to act like we know each other. You don't know Jian and I. I don't know you." I say, breaking the eye contact and walking out of the cafe to walk to the side of the cafe.

Tears that were forming in my eyes falls as I silently cry. I didn't want to say any of those things I've just said to Xiaojun. I didn't want to hurt him or Jian. I don't want anything to be expose to the media to hurt Xiaojun, Jian or myself. Mostly Xiaojun. This situation should stop and should go back to the same way it was. It would be better. It won't hurt Xiaojun, Jian or myself. Me parenting Jian would be better so that Xiaojun's career won't get hurt.

XiaoJun's POV

When Jialia said that she doesn't want me to fulfill my role as a father for Jian, broke me down, broke my heart and broke the bond that I wanted to build with Jian. It hurt me mentally and emotionally. It's the first time someone has said that to me. Bringing tears to my eyes. I exit the cafe and walk out to the car as tears falls. I go back home. I would of gone to the dorm, but I'm sure the members are asleep, though they don't sleep this early. I don't want them to worry either.

When I'm home, I rush to my room and lock the door once I'm inside my room. I put my back on the door and slide down. Words if Jialia are coming back and haunting me. Making myself hurt even more and more. Crying more and more. I won't be close to my child and the person I'm growing towards.

•••

A couple days has passed since the incident. I've been quiet and I've catch myself a couple times. I don't think anyone has noticed besides me. Putting on a force laugh and smile throughout the days. Words of Jialia are still lingering in my mind, still hurting me quietly.

Today's schedule is done. We arrived home with manger Shue who went grocery shopping for us. She places the bags on the kitchen counter.

"As always, your grocery's are all in these bags. I have to go now. Curfew is 10 pm. Report to me if you guys leave. No later. Bye!" Manager Shue smiles then exits.

Everyone is distributing items from the bag into the fridge, freezer, pantry or counter. I'm leaning my back against the counters watching them while thinking about Jialia and Jian. With them on my mind, they can drift me away easily.