chapter eight

Xiaojun's POV

I quickly rush down the stairs, to Jian and Jialia's bedroom. I knock of couple of times on Jialia's door. No one answered. I entered, saying her names a couple of times, checked her closet and checked her bathroom. Her bed is already made. I check Jian's room which is connected to her bedroom. I see Jian still sound asleep. I put my hands on my hip and sigh.

"Where did she go?" I ask to myself.

I check my phone. 8:23 am. I dial her number and wait for her to answer.

"Where did you go?" I ask as soon as she answers.

"What do you want?" Her raspy voices overtakes. It means that she just woken up not long ago.

"Where did you go? Why are you out early in the morning?" I ask.

"I'm going to school. I have class today at 9:00. Where else do you think I be going? If I don't have class I'm sleeping in all day, don't worry." She says. "Bye."

She hangs up the phone before I could say anything. This girl, who is she to hang up the call on me when I still wanted to talk to her. I walk out of Jian's room and into the living room when I'm greeted with Chunhua and my mother, whom are sitting on the couch.

"Good morning, mom." I greet, being surprised that Chunhua is here early in the morning at my house.

"Good morning, Xiaojun." Chunhua greets me as well.

"Good morning, Chunhua." I force myself to say, though I don't want to.

"Today, Chunhua is starting school. Coincidentally, she is attending the same school as you. Since it's her first time, do you mind showing her around?" My mom asks.

"Huh? You want me to show her around the school?" I surprisingly ask scratching my head.

"Yeah. Why? You don't want to show her your school?" My mom asks.

"I have class at 9. By the time I get there, I'm not gonna have much time to show her the whole school." I say, making up an excuse.

"You don't have class until 10:30, honey." My mom smiles then gets up holding Chunhua hands. "Have a good day darling."

I quietly scoff, while being surprised again, by my mother. She probably saw my class schedule and that's how she knows. I'm sure she planned this all. I exit the living room, slipping on my shoes and walking to the car. Chunhua gets in the car as well and sits on the seat next to me.

"Aren't you happy I'm back?" Chunhua asks as the car drives off.

"Happy? You think I'm happy that you're back?" I scoffed then looked outside at the window.

"You should be happy that I'm back. Don't be making that face while I'm around." Chunhua says.

My face of annoyance. That's the face she's talking about.

"Are you gonna do this everyday? Ride with me?" I turn and ask.

"Aunt Meihua says I can do anything I like as long as you're with me. Maybe, I might ride with you, now that you've mentioned it." Chunhua smiles.

I laugh then look at the window again. This girl is gonna be the death of me. She's gonna cling around with me, follow me everywhere, talk to me 24/7, annoy me, etc. My fans are not gonna like it. I don't like it either. I'll figure a way out of this.

Hendery's POV

I'm at school, hoping that I'll see the girl I bumped into a couple days ago. Maybe seeing her will ease my mind a bit because I haven't seen her in a while. I get a text message that everyone is meeting at the library. I make it to the library door, hearing noises down the hall until I see Xiaojun and the girl I bumped into walking together.