chapter ten

Xiaojun's POV

I enter Jialia's bedroom to see that she's not in there. I'm worried about the broth on her arms and on her stomach. Her shirt is wet. It's hot and I'm sure her skin is in pain. I check in Jian's room to see. She's not in there. Jian is still sleeping. I check her closet, to not see her, then her bathroom. I tried to turn the knob to discover that it's locked.

"Jialia, are you in there?" I ask. The shower is not on. I don't hear it going on. "Can you open the door please?"

Silence is going by. She's not replying back to me. I don't know if she's fainted or not replying back to me on purpose.

"If you don't open the door, I'm going to break it down." I say.

I quickly hear the doorknob turn. Jialia peeks her head out. "What?"

"Your arms and stomach. How are they?" I ask.

"They are fine." Jialia says looking away. I can tell she's lying.

"Let me see them" I say.

"Why? If I say that they are fine, they are fine." Jialia says in irritation.

"Can you not act like this right now? I'm worried about your arms and stomach." I worriedly say. "Let me apply ointments on your burns."

Jialia stays quite. "I can do it myself."

"Are you gonna let me do it or am I gonna use force?" I ask, running out of patience.

I wait for her to reply back. Deciding for her, I pull the top of her shirt, pulling her out of the bathroom, passing the closet as she is hitting me and yelling at me to let her go. I release her as soon as I exit the closet.

"Your arms must be definitely fine for you to able to hit me all the way from the bathroom til here." I say as I place her down on her bed. "Where are your ointments?"

"In my closet. On the first door on the left way bottom. It should be in a small basket." Jialia says.

I follow her directions to ointments. Sliding the closet door open then bending down to see a basket of ointments, cotton balls and q-tips. Before closing her closet, I look at her shirts to see that she doesn't have much.

"I'll take you on a shopping spree." I say to myself.

I exit her closet, telling her to move over so I can sit down next to her. I read all of the ointments then grab the one I need for her arms. Twisting the cap open, I apply the ointment on her left arms with cotton balls, repeating right arm after. Now is her stomach.

"Your stomach......" I say, drifting off.

"I can do it myself. You don't need to do it." Jialia says covering her stomach with her arms.

I lean closer towards her, which she leans back leaving a couple inches apart. "Next time, be careful. I was really worried when I saw the broth and rice on your arms and on your shirt. I don't know what happened between you and Chunhua. Please be careful."

"Ummm." Jialia says. "Get out so I can apply ointment on my stomach."

"Where's my thank you?" I ask raising up one of my eyebrows.

"Thank you for applying ointments on both of my arms." Jialia says.

"I'm gonna go check up on Jian. He's been sleeping for quite a while now." I say getting up then walking over to Jian's room.

Chunhua's POV

The morning has risen. I'm in the dinning room waiting for Xiaojun to come down so we can go to school together. I'm starting to get inpatient.