Chapter 20

Mavis' POV

I prepared a monster breakfast for everyone. It was really quiet now since Y/N is not around anymore,but  Johnny is trying to keep everyone company and that's nice.

"Bring those cockroach cakes on the table! and the Eyeball soup don't forget!"

Ugh stressed. Wait where's dad? I flew around the around the hotel to find him nowhere.

"Did you see dad?"

"No."

"Did you!?"

"No."

"YOU?!"

"No."

"No."

"NO."

He wasn't in his room or any other places of the hotel. But what if, he followed Y/N?!

I flew out of the hotel trying to find dad, he must be crazy if he plans on following her! Then sun might turn him into ash!

"DAD?! Where are you!?" I shouted still hoping he is around. Then i saw him at the hotel roof, hugging his legs and staring at something.

I slowly went close to him and tried to peek on the thing he is looking at.

"I know it's you Mavey." He mumbles. I gave up and slowly went beside him, making him hide the thing he was staring at.

"You okay dad?"

He nodded. Okay he's definitely not okay.

"What are you doing here? We're gonna have breakfast inside the hotel, you should come." I stated with a smile trying to cheer up dad.

"You go ahead, i just ate."

"Dad seriously, stop this drama. Y/N will come back, she said--"

"How can you make sure of that?" He asked with a high tone. I frowned.

"She's Y/N, and i know deeply that she'll visit us back here."

"Mavey, leave me alone." He said and took the thing from his pocket then stared at it again.

It was a photo of dad and Y/N from the skeleton wedding. Y/N was smiling along with dad while hugging his arm.

Damn, dad must have really missed her.

"Dad, Y/N won't like it if she sees you like this."

"If, she'll see me."

"What? Dad, what are you saying?"

He stood up and faced me.

"That's what Erica said before, and look where she is now. She's gone, off to the human world with her new lover."

I stared at him speechless.

"That's why I'm worried. Because I don't trust human's promises. Who knows? Maybe Y/N will do what Erica did."

I frowned deeply.

"Dad-"

"Leave me alone Mavey, I gotta think." He turned into a bat then left to the dark forest.

I just sighed and went back inside.

-------------------------------------------------

A/N: uwu i'm so sorry for not updating, forgive mee~! because of the dang coronavirus imma update all my stories during quarantine.

so i made this one short since the next one is pretty long, so hope that i'll still see you at my coming updates. stay at home and peace out! ✌