Foreword

First and foremost, I would like to say this piece is a work of fiction. All characters mentioned and their relationships (whether real people or original made) are not 100% true to life and are only inspired by historical events. Please do not rely on this story as an actual true account.

Second, I would like to clarify some things here now while I can so it won't be hard to understand later in the story, especially to people who are not Filipino or don't know Philippine History:

The Katipunan is the rebellion against the Kastila (Spaniards). Originally, the people wanted independence in more peaceful manners but seeing as there was no choice, the Philippine Revolution was a bloody one that lasted for three years, starting after Jose Rizal's death (considered by many as the nation's national hero.)

There are three different types of members in the Katipunan: Katipon, the lowest; Kawal, the intermediate; and Bayani, the highest. Most common weapon used is a revolver and a bolo, a weapon of Filipino origin resembling a machete.

Guardia civils are basically the army soldiers of the Kastilas, and unfortunately, a lot of them were Filipinos too. Even the ones who executed Jose Rizal were Filipinos, under forced command.

Lastly is just a small warning, there is some blatant sexism here and discrimination as well as graphic depictions of death. It is a war story set in the late 1890s, so it is to be expected but I just added this for a little heads-up.

These are the only things I can give as a small background. Additional info will be in parenthesis for better understanding. If you have any questions, reach out to me and I'll be happy to assist.

Now, onto the story!

Sonless Mother of the RevolutionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara