Chapter 7

Tsukki was the first person inside the gym. He was already in his uniform so he just stood there for a minute, looking around awkwardly.

Suddenly he came back to his senses and walked over to the corner of the room, grabbing a ball. It felt more comfortable in his hands than it used to.  

Positioning himself on the court he threw it up and slammed it over the net, watching as it smashed out of bounds.

He cursed under his breath as he landed on the ground. His ankle stung but he ignored it. It was healing. It was gonna be fine.

"It could be serious-"  He could see Tadashi's concerned eyes in his mind and shivered slightly as if he could still feel where Yama had kissed him.

It wasn't a big deal right? Friends kiss each other on the cheek all time. Tanaka would even do it to Suga from time to time when Daichi was watching, just to piss him off. 

His mind wandered back to about your weeks ago. Everyone had gone home but he and Yama had been working on receives.

1 month ago 

"Tsukki c'mon I'm exhausted" Yams groaned as he tried to wipe the sweat off his forehead.

"Fine, you get this ball and we'll go" Tsukki smirked.

"Ohhh, is that a challenge Kei?" Yamaguchi raised an eyebrow.

"Only if you fail."

He laughed but shrugged, "You're on."

Tsukki hit the ball over the net and to his surprise, Yama threw himself forward and hit it back over. His arm shot up in the air as he cheered "WOO YEAH!"

Cute.

Wait-NO. That was not cute Tsukishima, stop it.

"Fine," Tsukki sulked, shooting the ball into the basket with ease.

"Do you think I'm getting better?" Asked Yama in an excited tone, sipping from his drink bottle.

"Maybe I'm just getting worse." Murmured Tsukki as he pulled on his jacket.

Yama's face fell and he turned around, crossing his arms.

"I left my stuff in the-" 

"Hurry up" The freckle faced boy snapped.

"Salty much?'

"Says you, McDonald's fry ass."

Tsukki glared at him but just ended up sighing "Whatever, you can leave if you really want." 

Yama didn't say anything not even turning to face Tsukki.

The blond felt bad because honestly, he knew Yama was just as good as he was. His insecurities of being a terrible volleyball player kept seeping into his words, poisoning them with insults he didn't mean to say.

He went to grab his things and opened up the door to the locker room, his mouth dropping open as he saw a shocking scene play out in front of him.

Daichi had Suga pinned against a locker, lips on his neck as he kissed him roughly  Suga reached up and grabbed a fistful of Daichi's hair as their lips connected.

"What the fu-" 

Suga and Daichi both turned, freezing with wide eyes. 

"TSUKISHIMA-"

"OH MY GOD-"

Tsukki turned around and ran. He threw himself down the stairs and straight back into the gym where Yama was standing, sliding his jacket over his shoulders.

Tsukki dashed forward, grabbed his hand, and clutched it tightly as he sprinted outside.

"TSUKKI!" Yama screeched, giggling as Tsukishima dragged him forward.

"YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!" Tsukki ranted, gasping for breath.

"KEI YOU'RE BEING REALLY WEIRD-"

"DAICHI AND SUGA WERE MAKING OUT IN THE LOCKER ROOM!'

Yama skidded to a stop, letting out a gasp "Wait really?"

"Oh my god yes, Suga was up against the locker and-" He could barely speak from running so fast.

They both burst out wheezing, leaning on each other as they clutched their stomachs with one hand.  When they managed to calm down Tsukki suddenly realised they were still holding hands, and for some reason, he didn't want to pull away. Tadashi bit his lip.

"You know I think Kageyama and Hinata might have a thing going on as well" Whispered Yama.

Tsukki smirked, "You'd have to be clueless to not see that."

They stood there in silence, just holding hands until Tsukki finally pulled away.

"Shit I forgot my stuff" He cursed.

"We'll just get it tomorrow" Yama shrugged, nudging Tsukki's shoulder with his.

Tsukishima realised he'd dragged Yama away before the boy had picked up his stuff.

"I'm sor-" Tsuki went to apologise but Yama cut in.

"Don't worry. I'll just meet you like 10 minutes early tomorrow, okay?"

"Sure," Tsukki nodded and Yama turned to leave.

"Wait-" Tsukki sighed as Yama turned to look at him, "Look I'm sorry about what I said today, you're good-like really good but I-"

He felt a hand on his cheek as Yama reached up his arm "You don't have to apologise to me Tsukki. I get it." He gave a small smile and Tsukki returned it.

"I'll see you tomorrow Tadashi."

"I would hope so Kei."