Chapter 10

Tsukki dragged him into the centre of town. It was busy as usual, people everywhere: laughing, eating, window shopping and exploring. 

"Who the hell are you and what have you done with Tsukki?" Yama asked, struggling to keep up with the boy in fronts long strides.

"You hungry? I'm hungry. I'm really fucking hungry. We need food-no not food. Confectionary. Yes, right, boom. Chocolate Tadashi. We need chocolate." He dragged him inside the nearest sweet shop, the front window of which was decorated with fragile-looking delicacies.

Yama almost melted at the smell that entered his nose when they walked inside. It was divine.

"Oh god, this is heavenly" Murmured Yama half-consciously.

Tsukki whispered something under his breath. Yama didn't catch it exactly but it sounded suspiciously like 'just like you'.

"What?" Yama asked surprised.

"What?" Tsukki answered, looking behind him.

"What did you say?"

"What did I say?"

"Yeah."

"No."

"You said something."

"No, I didn't"

"Tsukishima."

"Yamaguchi."

"Kei."

"Tadashi.

"I-" 

"Do you want chocolate or not?"

Yama shut his mouth and quickly followed Tsukki around the store. To his surprise, there weren't many people inside so they had easy access to all the shelves.

After a few minutes, Tsukki finally dragged him away from the sweets and they bought what they had chosen.

Tsukki purchased a bag of powdered, chocolate-dipped strawberries and a packet of strawberry-filled chocolate cups with a handful of nuts sprinkled on each one.

Yams had gone for the Nutella and hazelnut truffles along with a bunch of small, heart-shaped chocolates that had a range of different flavours.

Tsukki also bought them a chocolate doughnut to share.

"Don't tell Daichi about this." He told Yama as they walked down the street "Or mum for that matter, they'll go crazy."

"I can't believe I saw the day when Kei Tsukishima called Suga mum." Yama laughed heartily, licking the sugar off his lips.

"Yeah well, it's not my fault they were having sex in the locker room-"

"They were not!"

"Hey, I was the one who saw them!"

Yama stared at him, shaking his head "You don't know how weird you sound right now."

Tsukki only smirked fighting off laughter and in the process choking on a piece of doughnut.

"Don't you dare die on me!" Yama warned.

Tsukki managed to swallow, letting out a sigh of relief before an angry expression flew onto his face "Oi you can't tell me what to do, I'll die whenever I want." 

Yamaguchi sighed, shoving him gently "You're such a dork-"

"Tadashi."

"What?"

"Tadashi there's a dog." Tsukki pointed to a large white akita tied up to a post with a young girl standing next to him.

Yama smiled, grinning cheekily and pushed Tsukki past the animal "Oh well, let's just keep going..."

"Yamaguchi."

"Yes, Tsukki?"

"I..."

...

"Do you wanna pat the dog?" Yama asked and Tsukki looked down at him. His face was emotionless but Yama knew he was filled with excitement. He tried acting all tough and cool but god could he be a softie. 

"That would be rather satisfactory."

...

"Go on." 

Tsukki dashed towards the girl as Yama chuckled, following behind him.

He quickly asked if he could pat the purebred and then bent down and enveloped the dog with cuddles.

"Sorry about him" Yama apologised as he walked up to the child.

She had beautiful, long blond hair and freckles dotting her kind face. 

"That's ok," The girl giggled sweetly "How old is he?"

"We're both 16. He loves dinosaurs and he's decided the closest thing he can get to one is puppies."

The girl let out an innocent little laugh again as Tadashi gave the dog a quick pat on his head.

"So are you two on a date?" 

Tsukki stood up almost as quickly as Yama's head whipped around to face her.

"What?" They both said in unison.

Yama knew he was blushing a deep red, he didn't dare look at Tsukki. If he did he would have seen a similar colour taking over the tall, blonds face.

"Sorry," The girl apologised but she truly didn't seem sorry at all "You just look really cute together."

The two boys shared a glance before Yama grabbed his arm.  

"Well thanks for letting us pat your dog." He smiled before dragging his best friend the other way.

They walked a few metres in silence.

"She was just a kid..." Yamaguchi felt like he had to say something. 

Tsukki didn't respond. Instead he grabbed his phone, but of course today of all days he couldn't find his headphones...only stupid earphones. Now he didn't have an excuse. He gave the right one to Yama and slid the left one in his ear, pressing play on his most recent playlist.

He wasn't sure if the other heard him but he whispered: "Kids aren't stupid Tadashi."